Saucy seaside postcards Page 17

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd July 2021, 6:19 PM

Maybe you could get TPTV to show it.

You'd probably have to wait 50 years for it to appear and some of us may not be around then.

In any case, on a serious note, TPTV is not given access to original BBC programmes as they have their own channels under the UKTV banner on which to repeat their vintage shows (Gold, Drama, Dave, Alibi, Yesterday, etc). And the same would therefore apply to programmes made originally for BBC owned channels.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 3rd July 2021, 8:38 AM

In any case, on a serious note, TPTV is not given access to original BBC programmes as they have their own channels under the UKTV banner on which to repeat their vintage shows (Gold, Drama, Dave, Alibi, Yesterday, etc). And the same would therefore apply to programmes made originally for BBC owned channels.

Yes but, as I'm finding, reading Ken Dodd's biog. "Happiness and Tears" the BBC archive is positively bulging with Ken Dodd shows, that the writer Louis Barfe has viewed in his research, BUT frustratingly and effin' annoyingly we (the people who paid for all this in the first place through our licence fees over the years) do not get to see it all. Angry

Can just imagine Florrie and Gertie laughing their heads off at this one, just after the war, as they walked along the seaside prom, while their "better halves" were in the pub. :D

Funny and sad at the same time

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 8th July 2021, 8:59 AM

Just had to post this, if only for the "Heat" - what a plonker.

Cue Sid James chuckle. (not queue as I originally wrote - damned phonetics, trip me up every time)

Think of the cartoonist, churning out all those splendid cartoons for a pittance...