Euros 20/21 Page 17

On BBC Breakfast this morning they had one of those daft "getting an animal to predict the football result", and laid before a little dachshund a plate of lasagne, with Italian flag and a plate of Parma ham** with Spanish flag (er, excuse me?) to see which the dog preferred.

The dog picked the lasagne, so Italy will win, and much hilarity ensued - you heard it hear first. :D

Perhaps the dog didn't like the Spanish flag, and perhaps someone at the Beeb is a twat.

**Yes, all you pedants out there - you can get Spanish Parma ham, but technically it is Italian, especially as Parma, where the ham gets its name from, is in Italy.

To avoid the need for extra time and/or penalties, in the Italy v Spain match, UEFA are bringing in a points system for artistic flair and acting skills for falling down (bonus points if it's in the penalty box), and agonising facial expressions whilst clutching ankle.

Don't like to see penalties, but I suppose somehow it has to be settled.

It's going to be tough for whoever qualifies tomorrow
The Italians have a better defence than OJ Simpson

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 6th July 2021, 11:19 PM

It's going to be tough for whoever qualifies tomorrow
The Italians have a better defence than OJ Simpson

Yes, but if Grealish plays we could out freekick them 3 to 1

'IF' we can beat Denmark of course!

I do love Grealishes falloverability could be crucial

Ich bin ein Engländer!

Good luck! Wave

Decent performance so far.

Nice win, England!

Baddiel and Skinner in the crowd.

Have you noticed the number of free kicks when somebody treads on someone's toe?

Quote: Chappers @ 7th July 2021, 10:51 PM

Baddiel and Skinner in the crowd.

(As they were for the Quarter)

And Becks tonight, with Gazza standing behind him, and of course Wills.............but he wasn't in the crowd. ;) His missus wasn't with him this time - I think she had a Tupperware party on she'd organised.

I'm exhausted after that - don't think me ticker will be able to stand watching on Sunday. Thank God it didn't go to penalties. Speaking of which...........................

AND!! I hope they can trace the retard who was shining a laser beam in Schmeichel's face as Kane took the penalty. Just what IS IT that is the matter with these cretins. Find them and ban from ALL grounds for life. F**king idiots Angry

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th July 2021, 11:28 PM

(As they were for the Quarter)

And Becks tonight, with Gazza standing behind him, and of course Wills.............but he wasn't in the crowd. ;) His missus wasn't with him this time - I think she had a Tupperware party on she'd organised.

I think she's isolating.

Paddypower doing 200-1 Italy or England winning 11 - Nil. Not much is it. Would have thought it'd be nearer 1000 to 1, but then, what do I know about betting.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 6th July 2021, 10:43 AM

On BBC Breakfast this morning they had one of those daft "getting an animal to predict the football result", and laid before a little dachshund a plate of lasagne, with Italian flag and a plate of Parma ham** with Spanish flag (er, excuse me?) to see which the dog preferred.

The dog picked the lasagne, so Italy will win, and much hilarity ensued - you heard it hear first. :D

Perhaps the dog didn't like the Spanish flag, and perhaps someone at the Beeb is a twat.

**Yes, all you pedants out there - you can get Spanish Parma ham, but technically it is Italian, especially as Parma, where the ham gets its name from, is in Italy.

The dog was spot on.