I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,303

Quote: Aaron @ 1st July 2021, 11:16 PM

Why can't you all just stop being utter dicks to each other?

Stop the sniping. Stop the name calling. Stop the bitching. Disagree like civilised adults and move on.

I'm sick of asking this - it's not a huge commitment from any of you. From here on in anyone I deem to be acting against the ethos I'm setting out here is getting suspended, moving up to banning if repeated.

Tell them to stand in the corner.

I read that one of the blokes who molested Chris Wittey has been sacked as an Estate Agent. Ha ha ha! Bloody serves him right. Then he claims he's Autistic and suffers from ADHD!

There's no such thing as ADHD. It's just people who can't stand being told what to do.

Every little affliction has a title these days.
If you are a bit gormless - it has a title
If you can't catch a ball - it has a title
If you are bored easily - it has a title.

It's title should be 'you are a human with all the oddities that, that entails.

At school I couldn't spell to save my life. That has a title today but it's not helped me spell any better.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 4th July 2021, 9:47 AM

At school I couldn't spell to save my life. That has a title today but it's not helped me spell any better.

I clearly remember "some" kids having to sit at the back of the class, weaving raffia place mats - I used to envy them not having to do lessons and wondered why they were so special.

Pushing responsibility over mask wearing onto the public could end in tears, there's clearly two strong camps on the subject. Does Boris think he's projecting future blame away from himself ? If we're now responsible can we have a slice of his public health budget ?

What were his options? More lockdown. Lockdown forever.
Time to live with it. 99.7% survival rate - more now with vaccinations.
Let's get on with normal life at last.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 4th July 2021, 9:47 AM

If you are a bit gormless - it has a title
If you can't catch a ball - it has a title
If you are bored easily - it has a title.

It's title should be 'you are a human with all the oddities that, that entails.

There were titles back in the day too. My woodwork master once accused me of being educationally sub-normal. And all because I couldn't knock two bits of wood together.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 5th July 2021, 8:17 PM

There were titles back in the day too. My woodwork master once accused me of being educationally sub-normal. And all because I couldn't knock two bits of wood together.

As thick as 2 short planks?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 5th July 2021, 8:16 PM

What were his options? More lockdown. Lockdown forever.
Time to live with it. 99.7% survival rate - more now with vaccinations.
Let's get on with normal life at last.

I agree , let's get on with normal life. But the guidance should come from the government, not Ryan Air. Strong recommendations either way, not a "you decide" which may lead to tussles in the supermarkets. Where's Churchill when you need him ?

Quote: Firkin @ 5th July 2021, 9:12 PM

I agree , let's get on with normal life. But the guidance should come from the government, not Ryan Air.

"You decide" is a much better way to govern (and be governed) than "follow the every demand of the state".

Ryanair changed the time of our flight from Manchester to Dublin from 3 PM to 10 PM, so I'm going to wait to see how Ireland handles the lockdown - I may just cut the country out of our itinerary (along with the UK, if lockdown restrictions persist) and take our tourism dollars to a country that has their act together.

Ditching the masks 100% is a big mistake - especially on public transport. Sadly, I think those who choose to continue to wear them will be harassed by morons. We just have to pray that having vast numbers of cases across the country doesn't breed a nastier variant or lay too many people low with long-covid.

People have been ditching them for a while now, so stupid

Quote: Lazzard @ 5th July 2021, 10:10 PM

Ditching the masks 100% is a big mistake - especially on public transport. Sadly, I think those who choose to continue to wear them will be harassed by morons.

My state did away with mask mandates in March and our new cases and deaths have continued to decline. We're currently at 48.5% of the population with one dose and 41.6% fully vaccinated. Vaccinations are trailing off as most people who want to be vaccinated, have been. Anyone 12 and older is eligible, and statistics show that the young and healthy are at almost zero risk, so at this point it's up to the individual, but costly lockdowns which have devastated the economy have to go. Wearing anything other than an N95 mask and full-body protection is only slightly effective against this and any other virus. The same goes for distancing, etc.

I see that the Czech Republic is open to American tourists with no vaccine/testing/quarantine requirements, so I'm beginning to look into switching our vacation over to Prague. I have a lot of Czech ancestors, so it's somewhere I've always wanted to visit.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 5th July 2021, 10:24 PM

People have been ditching them for a while now, so stupid

I only see about 15% of people still wearing masks at the stores these days. I went to a large outdoor concert a few days ago and didn't see a single mask - once you get outside of the city masks nearly disappear entirely.

I flipped over to GB News yesterday and they, in their hectoring way, were accusing anybody who wears a mask after Freedom Day of Virtue Signalling. Firstly, if people chose to wear a mask that's their choice and they shouldn't be harassed and bullied. And secondly, if you've ever used the phrase 'virtue-signalling' you're 'c**t-signalling', so don't do it.

Sometimes I despair. What is it? A kind of Stockholm syndrome.

The vulnerable and almost everyone else are vaccinated - don't you trust it, despite the fact that it works and no one is being hospitalised. Boris himself said the ones in hospital are mainly un-vaccinated people.
Maybe the anti-vaxxers revenge.

There have been germs and virus's in the air since you were born. You have an immune system that copes with virtually all of them. Have you all forgotten that. Colds, flu - the shits have always been part of life.
There is a new variant of the flu bug every year and a new vaccine. Ya know, normal life.

If you still want to wear a mask, it's your prerogative and I can't see anyone getting harassed for that - it's more likely the masked fearful that will do the harassing.

It's over boys and girls, get used to it.

Hmm, OK and yes see your point Stephen, BUT I am one of those vulnerable (COPD) and there's talk of a Covid/Flu combined vaccine booster for people like me coming up in the autumn, so for now, I will continue to wear a mask.

I simply can't risk it :(