Together Page 2

She seems to be involved at Producer level on most of what she does.
Perhaps she just knows what she's good at?

Well if you're a prod you're going to be able to do what you want. For as long as the broadcasters also want it. Most writer/-performers aren't in that that envious position, and have to work across the genres and themes.

I did start watching it but couldn't get into. Great writing and acting, but at the moment I just couldn't face a lockdown drama/comedy. And the inherent staginess of it didn't help. I suspect in five or so years, when lockdown is more just a distant memory, I'll be more receptive to it.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 27th June 2021, 8:26 AM

Well I won't be watching either as it's not my thing but I can get the gist of it from the blurb so I'll say this, has Sharon Horgan ever done or been in anything that isn't to do with relationships and or sex? Not a criticism, just worried that she might be typecasting herself.

Writing about relationships and sex never hurt Woody Allen's career (sex with his stepdaughter did that).

Quote: EllieS @ 28th June 2021, 12:34 PM

So I just watched the trailer out of interest, and my word that house is a *mansion*. They could live in a wing of it each and still have room for an Air BnB - hardly 'Together'. If this is supposed to reflect the wider human experience in any way, I'm sorry but, that's a bad miss...

It is the majority of the country - the fabled Middle England - but it's certainly not the common experience in the cities and their closest suburbs.

This thread just keeps on getting weirder.

Genuinely one of the best things on this year.