Laurel & Hardy on Talking Pictures TV

A new TV channel is showing all the Laurel and Hardy films at the moment (of course I have forgotten the name of the new channel)
They seem to randomly appear but are a treat if you catch one.
I watched 'Pack up your Troubles' Saturday afternoon and chortled from start to finish.

A scene with a little girl telling Stan a bedtime story and Stan obviously ad-libbing as she forgets then remembers the story is excellent.

Here you are: http://talkingpicturestv.co.uk/schedule

Cheers Ken. Its a freeview channel too.

I see they are showing The Culpepper Cattle Co. I remember going to the pictures to see that - cor in 1972

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 14th November 2017, 8:52 AM

A scene with a little girl telling Stan a bedtime story and Stan obviously ad-libbing as she forgets then remembers the story is excellent.

Superb!!! Ollie was so good at pain. Laughing out loud

I've watched quite a lot of old comedies on that channel including Pack up your Troubles the other day. It was made in about 1932 from memory but is funnier than anything else on at the moment. The words 'Comedy Genius' are thrown round willy-nillie nowadays. Laurel and Hardy fully deserve that accolade.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th November 2017, 9:32 AM

Superb!!! Ollie was so good at pain. Laughing out loud

Ollie's looks down the lens have never been equalled.
Many have tried, but no-one comes close.

Quote: Lazzard @ 14th November 2017, 11:10 AM

Ollie's looks down the lens have never been equalled.
Many have tried, but no-one comes close.

Yes indeed.

Just watched it again - genius and comedy that will live forever. So, so funny. They have me in stitches every time. Will never tire of them.

From the latest newsletter from TPTV:

"July is when we bring the greatest comedy duo of all time back to British TV. Laurel & Hardy have never been equalled for sheer comic delight, from classic catchphrases to unforgettable visual gags, usually involving some very noisy cars! Our Teatime with Laurel and Hardy season of their films will bring back happy memories for so many. Tell the kids and the grandkids too as they are bound to become fans of comedy's finest. In fact, tell everyone! Watch out for more details coming soon!"

Can't wait! Two comedy geniuses.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 6th June 2021, 5:48 PM

From the latest newsletter from TPTV:

"July is when we bring the greatest comedy duo of all time back to British TV. Laurel & Hardy have never been equalled for sheer comic delight, from classic catchphrases to unforgettable visual gags, usually involving some very noisy cars! Our Teatime with Laurel and Hardy season of their films will bring back happy memories for so many. Tell the kids and the grandkids too as they are bound to become fans of comedy's finest. In fact, tell everyone! Watch out for more details coming soon!"

Starting next Saturday 3 July:

09.10 Brats
16.00 The Music Box
16.40 Pack Up Your Troubles

Sunday 4 July:

16.00 Another Fine Mess
16.35 Sons of the Desert

Saturday 10 July:

09.40 Double Whoopee
16.25 The Bullfighters
17.40 County Hospital

Sunday 11 July:

16.00 Putting Pants on Philip
16.30 The Jitterbugs

Saturday 17 July:

09.35 Below Zero
16.00 Our Relations
17.30 Twice Two

Sunday 18 July:

16.00 Battle of the Century
16.25 The Bohemian Girl

Saturday 24 July:

09.00 Helpmates
16.00 Way Out West
17.15 The Private Life of Oliver the Eighth

Sunday 25 July:

16.00 Swiss Miss
17.35 Do Detectives Think?

Excellent.

I've got the Pluto Tv app and that has a channel with Laurel and Hardy on, so I've been enjoying a few of the ones above recently

Me digi box is set. :) I have a number of DVDs of L&H, but it's always good to see them "live" so to speak, and not to be missed. I absolutely love them and never tire of the routines. So, so funny.