Things that piss you off Page 1,809

Quote: EllieS @ 22nd June 2021, 1:58 PM

A guy called Lorenzo Music voiced him in the original cartoon, apparently - I remember him having an equally sarcastic, monotone style to Murray:

https://youtu.be/5783SG1o4Fo

Y'know, as soon as I posted that I remembered about the old cartoon. I was originally picturing the comic strip though where he mainly "talks" through thought bubbles.

Quote: Lazzard @ 22nd June 2021, 11:28 AM

Also sounds like it has synth bass line.

And it featured a Righteous Brother. Very 60s.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 21st June 2021, 8:36 AM

So many TV adverts are just plain annoying.

I cut up my HSBC cards when Ayoade started telling me "We are not an island" and spouted on about "the bank of mum and dad, or mum and mum or dad and dad" - what about the mums or dads on their own?
I wouldn't buy a car from Cinch in case that toothy streak of piss weirdo appeared in my kitchen.

The only ads that seem to be aimed at me are for stairlifts, walk-in baths or funeral plans. I guess I need to be in a same-sex or mixed race relationship for my money to be worth chasing these days.

Something that pissed me off a bit yesterday: A group of 3 on a pavement, walking side by side and not actually making any room, forcing you off the pavement into the road.

I have banged shoulders with many who feel it's their right of way on the pavement.
If they make a move to avoid a collision, so do I, if they come straight at me good luck.

I could tell you a story of a one armed man on a London street that purposely banged in to me....

Quote: fasty @ 23rd June 2021, 10:34 AM

I cut up my HSBC cards when Ayoade started telling me "We are not an island".

We are though.

Quote: Fack1979 @ 23rd June 2021, 10:43 AM

Something that pissed me off a bit yesterday: A group of 3 on a pavement, walking side by side and not actually making any room, forcing you off the pavement into the road.

That used to piss me off before Covid but it's just as bad now.

People who use the Lord's name in vain. It's Godawful.

Every channel and news prog. prattling on about where you can and can't go abroad, because we're all so desperate to fly off to the sun somewhere. Oh dear, what a f**king shame that you haven't sweltered on the Cote de Whatever since 2019. What an effin' shame!

Holiday in the UK, then and help our holiday industry out of mire they find themselves in. Also, you won't have to put up with the Krauts hogging all the sunbeds with their towels first thing in the morning, when normal people are still in bed.

I'm reminded of Eric Idle's superb take on package holidays abroad (from 1:30) Laughing out loud

I'm planning to bring 6 people and spend about $15,000 in your fair country (plus Scotland and Ireland) on August 2nd, if you can get off those damned Covid restrictions. I'm worried that we'll have to postpone our trip yet again.

Scotland set to remove all restrictions on the 9th August.
Ireland planning for 5th July - but as of two days ago are saying it's too early to tell whether it'll have to go back.
England - who knows. Cases still going up...

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 25th June 2021, 9:05 AM

Every channel and news prog. prattling on about where you can and can't go abroad, because we're all so desperate to fly off to the sun somewhere. Oh dear, what a f**king shame that you haven't sweltered on the Cote de Whatever since 2019. What an effin' shame!

Holiday in the UK, then and help our holiday industry out of mire they find themselves in. Also, you won't have to put up with the Krauts hogging all the sunbeds with their towels first thing in the morning, when normal people are still in bed.

I'm reminded of Eric Idle's superb take on package holidays abroad (from 1:30) Laughing out loud

Whenever anybody mentions Whatneys Red Barrel it always reminds me of that sketch

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 23rd June 2021, 1:43 PM

I have banged shoulders with many who feel it's their right of way on the pavement.
If they make a move to avoid a collision, so do I, if they come straight at me good luck.

I could tell you a story of a one armed man on a London street that purposely banged in to me....

You sound armed. :P

Quote: lofthouse @ 25th June 2021, 5:41 PM

Whenever anybody mentions Whatneys Red Barrel it always reminds me of that sketch

:D Such a good sketch too, and what a memory to remember all those lines without faltering while Palin keeps on telling him to shut up. What a silly bunt.

squirting Timothy White's sun cream all over their puffy raw swollen purulent flesh 'cos they "overdid it on the first day."

Laughing out loud

Not really pissed off as such, just a tad annoyed as to it being so - the inclusion of "er" on'telly, and even with the Beeb Beeb Ceeb news reporters Grrrrr

For eg...........

Westminerster

Wemberly

Engerland