BCG Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

...............and wait for Big Phil, whoever he is - someone bleedin' obvious I expect.

Don's post was a jocular reference to the winner of the mysteriously mangled clique league in the final gameweek.

Correct.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 23rd June 2021, 7:14 AM

Don's post was a jocular reference to the winner of the mysteriously mangled clique league in the final gameweek.

Oh, joshing. He's a card, that Don. Didn't even note the names of the interlopers.

So when are we going to get the code(s) then Alf. :D

I want Don. Firm but not fair.

I've had an email from the FPL...........

Fantasy Premier League is up and running for 2021/22.

Prices have been revealed, position changes verified and hours of thinking time now lies ahead. Let the excitement begin!

You know the drill - £100 million budget, 15 players and 38 Gameweeks from glory and bragging rights.

The Gameweek 1 deadline is Friday 13 August, 18:30 BST.

"What's it all about..........Alfie"

I've spent my 100M to the penny.

So have I on Auto-pick. There's never an Alf around when you need one, though.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 25th June 2021, 12:18 AM

Why?
There's no league for the thread to be about?
I can happily retire as three time winner with the trophy in my possession forever

That's right rub it in, just 'cos I hovered at the bottom all season. :( (some people can be so cruel)

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 26th June 2021, 6:26 PM

In effect you'll be volunteering as the new adminner. Any takers please apply here, first come first serve. I've created a new H2H league the code is . (The best way to remember this is .) I'll delete this in 24hrs so we don't get invaded here as well. SEE BELOW ALF ** Thanks to whoever takes up the reigns of the main clique league. (You'll have PMing and new recruiting to do :))

If it's just a case of setting up a couple of codes (CLIQUE and H2H) I don't mind doing that, BUT I wouldn't be interested in complicating matters with late comers and/or credits - that is, you can join as late as you like, but NO credit for missed weeks. SIMPLES. :)

Scoured the 19/20 and 20/21 threads, and went up to the end of September 2020, and have 12 PM addresses + 2 of the following:-
Alf, Anton, Stephen, Billy, jphhellpool, playfull, chappers, Ben, Don, Horse, Steve and Godot. Also Gerry and Dan? (not sure about the politics of these two - weren't they exclusive original Clique, but I'm all for the more the merrier, no matter what) + Me, me of course! Making 13, possibly 15.

Were there any very late comers? Anyone I've missed? AND OF COURSE, anyone else want to join from the BCG?

** I've created a new H2H league the code is . (The best way to remember this is ) I'll delete this in 24hrs so we don't get invaded here as well.

I'd delete this anyway Alf as you've put the code out on a public space, and IF you want me to do it I'll create another H2H with a code that'll only be available by PM, as with the new "clique"

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th June 2021, 11:19 PM

BUT I wouldn't be interested in complicating matters with late comers and/or credits - that is, you can join as late as you like, but NO credit for missed weeks. SIMPLES. :)

Yes that's the way we want it from now on, there's a long gap between seasons unlike last year so there'll be no excuses for missing the start.

The H2H is already up and running so no need to start a new one. It has a nice easy code to remember too, I'm happy to do the PMing for this and help with recruiting others for the main league, I'm just fed up with the lack of functionality on the Adminners page.

Remember the Clique policy, they must be at least occasional posters, so that means Jellypool and Gerry are out. Dan and Shaggy qualify because they never try and win and did once post a bit. Get it? We don't want to decimate the league, still aim for 15 members at least. There are other BCGers with an interest in football we need to attract, like Teddy and Lazzard and one or two others. Off you go. :)

At the moment it's just you and me Alf in the H2H
Won't it get boring by Christmas?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 27th June 2021, 9:59 AM

At the moment it's just you and me Alf in the H2H
Won't it get boring by Christmas?

It's in suspenders at the moment.

Alf and I need to sort some things out if I am to take over. ;)

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 27th June 2021, 8:59 AM

Off you go. :)

I need to PM you about all that, before I go any further. It's off to you in a mo.

As you were. :)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th June 2021, 11:19 PM

you can join as late as you like, but NO credit for missed weeks. SIMPLES. :)

So I can play for 37 weeks independently of the BCG, then join GW38 and potentially win?

You might wanna rethink that.