Euros 20/21 Page 12

Tuned in just in time to see the goal.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 22nd June 2021, 9:36 AM

No doubt when Grealish comes on and disappoints, as he inevitably will

Rolling eyes

Never mind that
Come on Scotland!

Although Croatia are turning the screw a bit here

Scotland just didn't have enough in the tank. Our boy Lyndon Dykes had a great end to the season but just didn't look like scoring in any of the 3 matches. I hope he doesn't come back with his head down.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 22nd June 2021, 7:43 PM

Although I'm thinking the Scotland Match might be the better to watch as it has much more at stake

I wish I had, as I started to read a book, with the England match so riveting.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 22nd June 2021, 11:07 PM

I wish I had, as I started to read a book, with the England match so riveting.

Don't blame you, I took to making sandwiches, about as English a pastime as going out to Germany in the knockout stages. If we were going to put ourselves up against them or France instead of Poland, Slovakia or a newly rubbish Spain, I would've expected it to be with a lot more wallop than we gave it. It's like we are tamely crawling into the jaws of Jaws. Southgate all over. Can't wait now for the Krauts to get us rid of this PC safer than safe Mr Respectable for someone who cares a bit more about the football. Scott Parker would be my choice.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 23rd June 2021, 8:39 AM

Southgate all over. Can't wait now for the Krauts to get us rid of this PC safer than safe Mr Respectable for someone who cares a bit more about the football. Scott Parker would be my choice.

They were going on about 2 clean sheets this morning- yes, and only two goals. F**k me, the Germans must be quaking in their boots.

I fancy England against Hungary?

Someone has just pointed out that Scotland has come out or Europe twice in 6 months under Sturgeon...?

Quote: playfull @ 23rd June 2021, 1:54 PM

I fancy England against Hungary?

Someone has just pointed out that Scotland has come out or Europe twice in 6 months under Sturgeon...?

Sounds fishy to me

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 23rd June 2021, 8:56 AM

They were going on about 2 clean sheets this morning.

Don't tell Monkhouse.

I think we'll do OK.

Just enjoying the Sweden v Poland match.

What a terrific game. Sweden coasting then Lewandowski who has been a let down up until now scored two to bring them level. Then Sweden got the winner in stoppage time.

What to watch, what to watch. Switching channels as both, this evening were worth a look.

What I did notice though, was the Portugal/France crowd was heaving, but the Germany/Hungary one sparse.

So, it swung this way and that, and now we know we have to play Germany. That's us out of the competition then.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 23rd June 2021, 11:11 PM

What to watch, what to watch. Switching channels as both, this evening were worth a look.

What I did notice though, was the Portugal/France crowd was heaving, but the Germany/Hungary one sparse.

So, it swung this way and that, and now we know we have to play Germany. That's us out of the competition then.

They didn't look that impressive.

How Low can he go?

Quote: playfull @ 24th June 2021, 2:09 PM

How Low can he go?

Dirty boy!

For us, ze games are over.
Oh yeah, take that Fritz