Things that piss you off Page 1,808

Why is it when I report a Phishing email I still get further emails from these phishers? Do they actually care?

Quote: Chappers @ 21st June 2021, 8:02 PM

Why is it when I report a Phishing email I still get further emails from these phishers? Do they actually care?

They're criminals and they likely live in a country far away that won't even consider extraditing them to face legal actions, so the short answer is "no".

Lots of ransomware will check to see if the computer is set up to use Russian as the default language, and if it is the malware will uninstall itself and add the IP address to a blacklist. I'm sure that Vlad and his pals get a nice kickback for looking the other way as the cyber-criminals wreak havoc on the rest of the world. If I were the CIA I'd try to get my hands on some of Russia's chemical weapons and zap a few of the ringleaders. They'd blame the CIA, but we could just remind the world which leader has been attacking people with chemical agents. :)

Quote: Lee @ 21st June 2021, 5:04 PM

Can I just add that sometimes a slow moving vehicle could be passaging a frail person who absolutely can feel every little bump in the road, no matter how flat and straight it may look.

I absolutely agree with this, and I failed to mention in my original post a few things

a) There was no aggressive driving involved, no fast movements or tailgating - these are pet peeves of my own.

b) They weren't a learner or frail - I would have put them at early-mid 40's in a flashy Merc - with no children in the car or otherwise.

I completely understand if the person isn't confident in driving a bit faster, but that being said - to then get angry when someone overtakes you safely is the main issue here.

If someone needs to overtake you because you're a bit slower than the speed limit and it's safe to do so - don't get upset about it s the main point i'm trying to make :P

It's okay, I wasn't disagreeing with you, I just feel very aware when I'm driving extra slow sometimes and there's not much else I can do.

My wife drives a horse lorry and is always getting tailgated horribly.
But with a horse on board you have to drive really gently.
I keep thinking of putting a "How's my driving" number on the back of the lorry that connects to a fake "National Impatience Hotline" - after several minutes of Vivaldi's Four Seasons of course.

Not so much 'pissed off' as 'mind blown'...

Just heard 'I've Had the Time of my Life' on Ken Bruce (yes, I'm a closeted 70 year old) and realised something I can't believe I've never noticed before. 'Dirty Dancing' is set in 1963 and the soundtrack is flawlessly 50s/60s throughout. However, at the end, Patrick Swayze lip-syncs to the above song. There's no way, in any dimension, that that song was written in any decade other than the 80s. Have they suddenly travelled 20 years into the future? DD is by no means a perfect film, but that's a pretty massive anachronism.

I've thought about that too but they had to put a song in it that would sell at the time. It is very jarring though.

Also sounds like it has synth bass line.

I do love a good synth bass line.

Quote: Lee @ 22nd June 2021, 11:35 AM

I do love a good synth bass line.

The unmistakable sound of a 60s Catskills holiday camp... Famously originated by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons.

Some say the end of the film didn't happen, and is just Baby imagining Johnny returning. Another theory involves Johnny leaping through a space-time portal. These theories are crap.

Quote: chipolata @ 22nd June 2021, 11:49 AM

Some say the end of the film didn't happen, and is just Baby imagining Johnny returning. Another theory involves Johnny leaping through a space-time portal. These theories are crap.

That's on a par with the Ferris-Bueller-isn't-real theory. Not sure how I feel about that.

And that one that Garfield isn't real, and Jon's just talking to himself. They make me sad.

Is it some sort of Mandela effect that Bill Murray fits the voice so well of Garfield, even before he voiced him? Did Garfield have a voice before the movies?

Quote: Lee @ 22nd June 2021, 1:54 PM

Is it some sort of Mandela effect that Bill Murray fits the voice so well of Garfield, even before he voiced him? Did Garfield have a voice before the movies?

A guy called Lorenzo Music voiced him in the original cartoon, apparently - I remember him having an equally sarcastic, monotone style to Murray:

https://youtu.be/5783SG1o4Fo