Things that piss you off Page 1,807

I am similarly being persecuted by Horizon Parking Ltd, for taking over 2 hours to do my shopping at the local Tesco extra, they have just installed surveliance cameras which record In and out traffic.

So i'm in the middle now of challenging this saying I am a regular Tesco customer, but it takes nearly 3 hours each time as I only shop at one month intervals. They have rejected my first challenge & want to see bank statements to 'prove' I am a Tesco customer. Pah, I don't think they are entitled to that so I have send redacted copies of the statements with all transactions except the Tesco ones blacked out.

And I just got another one, I think the sods used that data in my first challenge to locate the time interval when I also took more than 2 hours to do my shopping.

Well you know the answer. Do your shopping within 2 hours.

Quote: Chappers @ 18th June 2021, 6:45 PM

Or like me - shop online with Tesco. Been doing that for about 5 years now, and never looked back. Used to enjoy my Sat. Morning trip to Tesco, but life's too short to spend 2 hours.

Quote: Chappers @ 18th June 2021, 6:45 PM

So I either double (or quadruple) the risk of catching covid or buy only 2/3 of the food I need & slowly die of starvation, just to satisfy the jobsworthinans at Horizon Parking or the unthinking-behind-the-scenes Tesco manager who gave the parking enforcement contract out without making provision for shopping that takes longer than 2 hours, unlike other major Supermarkets who have methods of providing for long shopping searches.

Thank you for your unthinking kind comment. Now piss off to your fiends at Horizon Parking.

Well, when I did my shopping on a Sat. morning, I easily did it in an hour. Honestly Bill, I don't know how it can take you over two hours.
Get yourself a Blue Badge - you're allowed to park for up to 3 hours anywhere. ;)

Go compare adverts...

For years now we've put up with this annoying fat dickhead

Now we have him AND the Welsh prick that portrays him - both

Just f**k off you fat , sheep shagging prick

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th June 2021, 3:18 PM

Well, when I did my shopping on a Sat. morning, I easily did it in an hour. Honestly Bill, I don't know how it can take you over two hours.
Get yourself a Blue Badge - you're allowed to park for up to 3 hours anywhere. ;)

Clearly you were not shopping for a whole month, you already said you do most of your shopping by online methods.

Quote: billwill @ 19th June 2021, 11:32 PM

Clearly you were not shopping for a whole month, you already said you do most of your shopping by online methods.

Ah, didn't realise you were shopping for a month, and yes, now I do online shopping, but a few years back I didn't - as I said.

Quote: billwill @ 19th June 2021, 11:32 PM

You must have big freezers Bill. And the shop must be enormous.

Sorry I'm not being unsympathetic but most shops have a 2 hour limit. There is a reason for it which is quite understandable as people would take advantage and go to other shops in town and pay nothing. You're also taking a parking space up for other potential customers. Imagine if everyone did it.

This Tesco extra IS enormous.

If I were to shop weekly, it would take at least an hour each time, so in one month I would occupy the carpark slot for 4+ hours. This way I occupy a slot for 3 hours per month.

Besides which there are no ordinary shops within easy walking distance of this Tesco.

Other supermarkets with a 2 hour limit have a mechanism for obtaining a 'ticket' or some such to show that you have been shopping, I reported this missing facility to the Parking fee company last time, but it seems they did not pass it on to Tesco.

So many TV adverts are just plain annoying. Is this a new subtle mind game technique?
Annoy the viewers and they'll remember the product.
The yodelling one for pizza. F**k off
And the one for a credit card where they all go OooOOooo. F**k off.

I don't understand the logic, because if they are shit adverts I absolutely will not buy their product

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 21st June 2021, 8:36 AM

So many TV adverts are just plain annoying. Is this a new subtle mind game technique?
Annoy the viewers and they'll remember the product.
The yodelling one for pizza. F**k off
And the one for a credit card where they all go OooOOooo. F**k off.

That yodelling one is just a horrible noise in my ear so with you on that one!

When a road is nice and straight and national speed limit but someone still insists on 40 or 50mph.

I had one chap doing 40 on a national country lane (very straight clear not-bumpy road). I proceeded to overtake him safely, indicating out and back in - providing over a lorrys distance coming back in too.

Said chap then proceeds to flash his lights...

WHY?! Nothing, and I mean NOTHING was unsafe about that.

If you feel unsafe by someone overtaking, please reconsider your transport methods.
Rant over

Can I just add that sometimes a slow moving vehicle could be passaging a frail person who absolutely can feel every little bump in the road, no matter how flat and straight it may look.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st June 2021, 9:57 AM

I don't understand the logic, because if they are shit adverts I absolutely will not buy their product

This

I would go out of my way to spend more money with a different company that hasn't been guilty of annoying the living shit out of my for months