Causes and effects

Outside a TV shop on the High Street

Two police officers are holding a middle aged sun burned man in an England top as his wife pleads for clemency. Another man is being attended to by a paramedic.

WIFE
It's not his fault officer he's been drinking Bulmer's all day he usually drinks Koppaberg so it must stronger.

PLOD
So, he'd drunk & disorderly?

WIFE
No he's only had 8 he normally drinks well more, it's just he can't see a thing.

PLOD
So, you're saying that he's' Sight Impaired'?

MAN
Call it what is you WOKE bastard and no I'm not f**king blind!

WIFE
He might as well be officer he's got no glasses. He normally wears big thick ones.

PLOD
Why isn't he wearing them then.

WIFE
He took them to get repaired at Specsavers after he threw them at the telly because Meghan Markle was on it. And now he won't go back and get them.

PLOD
So then what happened

WIFE
He was watching the news through the shop window. He's news mad you see and he normally stays up to date on his Vodaphone but he's threw that away.

PLOD
So then what happened

WIFE
The England squad came on the screen and he just stopped dead to try and watch it by squinting and then Marcus Rashford appeared and that's when it all kicked off

PLOD
What happened

WIFE
Well, he was shouting at the shop window and he was just about to storm off as usual when he saw that man and he got really really angry.

VICTIM
I was tying my bloody lace this lunatic just ran up and kicked me in the head

MAN
I thought he was taking the f**king knee

PLOD
That's it nick him

WIFE
Will he get the help he needs

PLOD
I don't think that type of help is available to be honest.

I think you need to flag the fact that he's boycotting certain products - bit subtle otherwise.

I've never been called 'Subtle' before so that's a first. And I know what you mean but I think it only works on people who are up up to speed on the issue as its more current than side splitting lets be honest. But again thanks for and the advice as I can see that its sound .

:) You didn't base that character on anybody here,did you?

No its a general one honestly. The last thing I need to do is start smashing the furniture up in the cellar. The landlords already on the verge of ripping my rent book up as it is.
Thanks for the read John and it really is just a swipe on something in the news, more of a bandwagon job to be honest, as some days I just get lazy and lazy leads to imitation,