GB News Page 4

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 16th June 2021, 12:39 PM

The presenters have signed their contracts with a strict clause saying they cannot give their own personal opinion on anything. That's new.

Wootton definitely didn't!

Quote: chipolata @ 16th June 2021, 11:52 AM

I'd be interested to know if they covered the GB Resistance mob chasing a journalist down the street, not least because the mob seemed to be repeating/snarling/hissing a lot of the talking points I've seen on GB News whenever I tune in.

They did. Viscerally condemned it in no uncertain terms.

Quote: chipolata @ 14th June 2021, 6:49 AM

Dan Wootton did have some genuinely impressive white supremacy teeth

Still laughing at this. Bravo, Chip, bravo.

[I do think Wootton's is the most entertaining show on GB News, the rest of their output is a bit of a muddled mess.

A TV presenter - Matthew Stadlen has been mocking GB News on twitter and probably elsewhere.
He asked if was a spoof channel and said much the same as the above comment. Berating it at any chance.

The political news editor of GB News, John McAndrew, replied. No it is a start up with all the difficulties entailed.
Thank you for sending your CV in three times for the job of 'presenter'

If that's true that's a good put down.

Quote: chipolata @ 17th June 2021, 9:44 AM

I do think Wootton's is the most entertaining show on GB News, the rest of their output is a bit of a muddled mess.

I can't watch it. He's awful.

I did enjoy yesterday when Simon McCoy had to tell off viewers to stop sending in texts from Hugh Janus and Mike Hunt. He probably just made it worse, though.

Quote: Aaron @ 17th June 2021, 10:56 AM

I can't watch it. He's awful.

That's sort of why I find him entertaining. Although I think at some point they will recruit a bigger more seasoned journalist to replace him, as he is incredibly flimsy and lightweight.

I see various big companies have been pressured into withdrawing their advertising because of some stupid little snowflakes.

Quote: Chappers @ 17th June 2021, 5:51 PM

I see various big companies have been pressured into withdrawing their advertising because of some stupid little snowflakes.

Or customers, as they call them.

It's all the woke leftie wankers have - Twitter pressure.
No power anywhere else, none, so let's cause some shit.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 17th June 2021, 7:01 PM

You pay for advertising by number of viewers, so clearly the numbers are on the side of the "woke lefie wankers", that's a lot of wanking. I blame Cummings. Forget about "rivers of blood", rivers of cummings

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 17th June 2021, 7:01 PM

Welcome to the BCG! A thoroughly nice place to visit!

Quote: chipolata @ 17th June 2021, 7:53 PM

Welcome to the BCG! A thoroughly nice place to visit!

Oh come on. Most of you are too old to be woke. You'll all be up against the wall when the yoof revolution happens.

Quote: chipolata @ 17th June 2021, 11:36 AM

I think at some point they will recruit a bigger more seasoned journalist to replace him, as he is incredibly flimsy and lightweight.

It has been mooted that he's cannon fodder, hired to take flak and, indeed, be replaced in fairly swift time.

Quote: Aaron @ 17th June 2021, 8:29 PM

It has been mooted that he's cannon fodder, hired to take flak and, indeed, be replaced in fairly swift time.

Where's James Whale when you need him?

Quote: Chappers @ 17th June 2021, 8:13 PM

Oh come on. Most of you are too old to be woke. You'll all be up against the wall when the yoof revolution happens.

I just think this would be s more pleasant place if we dialed down the endless tediously predictable anti-woke rants. And when Goodlad starts in on "woke leftie wankers" it just feels nasty and bitter. Take the piss and criticise by all means, but do it with good-natured humour. After all, this is meant to be the British Comedy Guide.