GB News Page 3

Quote: Lazzard @ 14th June 2021, 10:12 AM

Loss of advertising revenue, I should imagine.
Like all commercial channels, GB News Is just an attempt make money from a certain demographic.
There's no moral anti-woke crusade here, just opportunism.
I think it's broadcast presence will probably wane, and it'll evolve into more of an online, click-baitey sort of thing.
In that limited sphere it'll probably do OK.

There's a decent article in Wired about just that, how nobody even needs t watch it to be effective.

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/gb-news-launch

Yes, I can see how that might work.
I think they want to be a source that's quoted, rather than a thing that's watched.

Watched a bit of it today
is it supposed to be right wing?
It didn't seem that way at all the bit's I saw and we were looking out for it obviously like watching Fox news for fun

I mean it was rubbish, but didn't seem that biased

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 14th June 2021, 6:50 PM

Watched a bit of it today
is it supposed to be right wing?
It didn't seem that way at all the bit's I saw and we were looking out for it obviously like watching Fox news for fun

I mean it was rubbish, but didn't seem that biased

It's only the lefties that expected that. It's supposed to be balanced - not balanced against the BBC.

I watched the launch promo. prog. tonight that I had recorded, and had to smile.

Andrew Neil sitting at a desk telling you what was going to happen and who was going to be on - all with lip synch out by quite a bit. I thought, "good start" and then he introduces Neil Oliver, whose microphone isn't working and some people muttering in the background. You gotta laff. :D

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th June 2021, 11:24 PM

I watched the launch promo. prog. tonight that I had recorded, and had to smile.

Andrew Neil sitting at a desk telling you what was going to happen and who was going to be on - all with lip synch out by quite a bit. I thought, "good start" and then he introduces Neil Oliver, whose microphone isn't working and some people muttering in the background. You gotta laff. :D

Everyone could pay them a license fee of £159 per year and I'm sure their production quality would be greatly improved. ;)

Quote: DaButt @ 14th June 2021, 11:30 PM

Everyone could pay them a license fee of £159 per year and I'm sure their production quality would be greatly improved. ;)

Sky doesn't charge a licence fee but they still manage to get microphones that work. Having said that I do quite enjoy the ham-fisted unprofessionalism and general dinginess. It's very British in its naffness and reminds me of the post-apocalyptic game show from That Mitchell and Webb Look.

Quote: chipolata @ 15th June 2021, 6:51 AM

Sky doesn't charge a licence fee but they still manage to get microphones that work. .

Because they know how to charge obscene amounts of money to view their progs. So they should be flawless.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th June 2021, 8:36 AM

Because they know how to charge obscene amounts of money to view their progs. So they should be flawless.

Laughing out loud

You lot need to quit making excuses for rank amateurism! Like I say, it gives the channel a certain Norman Collier charm, but working microphones should be a prerequisite of any professional news channel. And that ident doesn't look great against a dark background. It's like a squashed bug in the corner of your screen.

Quote: chipolata @ 15th June 2021, 9:42 AM

Laughing out loud

You lot need to quit making excuses for rank amateurism! Like I say, it gives the channel a certain Norman Collier charm, but working microphones should be a prerequisite of any professional news channel. And that ident doesn't look great against a dark background. It's like a squashed bug in the corner of your screen.

You've totally misread my post and the point I was making.

Oh, and Laughing out loud, by the way, as it seems to be a prerequisite.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th June 2021, 10:11 AM

You've totally misread my post and the point I was making.

Au contraire, you've totally misread my post and the point I was making! ;)

Avec vous la punch up the conque, mush. :P

Lucky they're not relying on advertising.

I'd be interested to know if they covered the GB Resistance mob chasing a journalist down the street, not least because the mob seemed to be repeating/snarling/hissing a lot of the talking points I've seen on GB News whenever I tune in.

It's a news and discussion channel. They have guests on from the far left to the far right.
Not just one end.
The presenters have signed their contracts with a strict clause saying they cannot give their own personal opinion on anything. That's new.