Swiss Toni Page 2

Quote: chipolata @ February 7 2013, 10:35 AM GMT

I may have mentioned this before but this is the only sitcom I've ever been in the studio audience for.

Yeah, don't go on about it.

Did you ever receive a PM from any of the stars...? Whistling nnocently

That's a part of my life I don't like to talk about anymore (although I often wonder if Rhys noticed me in the studio audience that time, watching him and not laughing at his bits).

I quite liked the show, but it did drag at times.

There's a very funny scene on YouTube with Simon Day slating Toni in a restaurant.

I'd file it under "Not great, but pleasent enough".

Rewatched both series again recently, not quite as good as the short sketches in The Fast Show but still very watchable indeed. I could watch Higson as Swiss Toni all day though, to be fair! Laughing out loud

I loved the Fast Show but I never got around to watching this.

I cannot begin to imagine the amount of fun the writers must have had on this, coming up with as many ... is very much like making love to a beautiful woman' jokes as they did.

Quote: Chappers @ 13th June 2021, 5:19 PM

I loved the Fast Show but I never got around to watching this.

I didn't even realise there was a series. Fave joke................

Putting up a tent is very much like making love to a woman - you get your pole up and slip into the old bag.

The first few episodes are on YouTube, Rhys Thomas himself seems to have uploaded them.

It has to be said that getting Tom Baker to play a lascivious film director was a stroke of genius on the writer's part.

"Picking a car is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First, look through some magazines to find one you like. And if she's old, always check under the bonnet for any leaks"