Euros 20/21 Page 2

Quote: Chappers @ 10th June 2021, 5:35 PM

The trouble is how many flair players we can use. There's Grealish too and Mount to a lesser extent. At least with the number of subs allowed we can give them all gametime.

You are right of course, but i just want the opposition to worry about us for a change,

Also it is nice to enter a tournament and not worry about our one good player carrying an injury as well as the weight of the nations expectations.

I rang Radio Surrey this morning for a team in their sweep. Guess who I got. Scotland.

250/1 fill ya boots.

Quote: Lazzard @ 8th June 2021, 6:34 PM

Personally I've seen nothing in our performances, to date, to merit those odds

Because most English people will bet on England, our bookies are slightly less generous. Germany has England as equal second with Belgium on 13/2 (see bwin.de) the UK is currently averaging 11/2.

When was the last time England ranked so highly ? It's looking good, can't wait.

Pob lwc Cymru

Dewch ymlaen Cymru

A draw keeps them in it.
They'll need to be better than that, though.
And God bless VAR!
Mind you, it was so offside I could see it on the radio.

Christian Erickson receiving CPR after collapsing.

Game abandoned.
I hope he's OK.

Looks like he's gonna be ok

Thank the Lord

Their best outfield player out of the tournament though. It'll be like our 1996 side losing Gazza. The 1992 Champions in good form too, I like watching them play, and mostly because of Eriksen. :(

So pleased that Erikksen is awake and stable
what a terrible occurence

That was genuinely scary for a bit. Hope he gets well and the internet woke mob shut up about how much it's affected them.

Quote: Will Cam @ 12th June 2021, 10:23 PM

That was genuinely scary for a bit. Hope he gets well and the internet woke mob shut up about how much it's affected them.

Hangs about, you started your paragraph on the internet saying how genuinely scary it was, before criticising other people on the internet for doing the same thing! I've said it before, William Cam, you're our most woke BCGer!

It was very heartening how the other players reacted, though.

Most of the complaints were, they should have cut back to the studio sooner.
It was live football and a developing situation. And it was not the BBC's cameras.

I was watching it live and saw him tumble and lay prone face down.
Lets be fair - footballers are well known for play acting injuries worse than what they are.
But, probably like everyone else, when I saw the Danish footballer calling vociferously for the medics, it started looking serious.
But still at this point nobody knew how serious. But when they started CPR maybe then they should have cut back.
The TV crew were probably too shocked by what was happening to act quickly after all, it really looked like there was a dead man on the pitch.
Thank god they revived him.

Yes, and although the team wanted to play on last night, it was a big mistake. An outside bet for the semis before last night. Shame, nice footballing side. Anyway, I'm wondering if Southgate will play the full ten defenders at his disposal tonight, or leave the injured Maguire on the bench. Huh?