Inside No 9 Series 6 Page 6

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 12th June 2021, 8:53 AM

I thought it was a cricket term of how a man was out...

Quote: Chappers @ 11th June 2021, 8:57 PM

C&B'd?

I couldn't figure out how baked beans came into the equation.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 12th June 2021, 9:37 AM

I couldn't figure out how baked beans came into the equation.

Took a couple of seconds but Laughing out loud

Thank you Stephen - I think mine are too subtle sometimes as they drift off with the tumbleweed.

I though that as very powerful.
Not exactly a laugh a minute - but a good piece of TV.

On the the weirder end of the spectrum tonight.

They're getting too weird for my taste and not as clever as previous series.

Erm. The dog was my favourite part, and also the best character.

Did anyone notice they had the same wallpaper as that couple on Gogglebox? Could have been a bit of a nod considering it was about people watching TV.

Quote: EllieS @ 15th June 2021, 2:01 PM

Erm. The dog was my favourite part, and also the best character.

Did anyone notice they had the same wallpaper as that couple on Gogglebox? Could have been a bit of a nod considering it was about people watching TV.

That's very observant of you. :) I think I know the couple you mean, because awhile back French and Saunders did a skit on that couple and each time they went back to them sitting there, the woman (Saunders) gradually got covered and merged into the wallpaper/seat covers. It was very funny!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th June 2021, 2:50 PM

That's very observant of you. :) I think I know the couple you mean, because awhile back French and Saunders did a skit on that couple and each time they went back to them sitting there, the woman (Saunders) gradually got covered and merged into the wallpaper/seat covers. It was very funny!

Sounds about right - I think they're maybe called John and Mary. Frightfully posh and exactly the sort of people you'd expect to watch The Proms. A review I've just read also referenced Gogglebox, but I swear I hadn't read it when I posted that. The rug also rings a bell for me and I'm sure it's been used in another BBC thing. Reminds me of The King's Speech, but I'm not sure that's what it's from.

I enjoyed that a lot. It doesn't really make any sense, don't think about it too much, just enjoy the ride (though Chekhov's trident leapt out at me as soon as it arrived on the screen).

I truly love the Proms, and cannot stand the last night, so this hit the spot well for me.

Quote: EllieS @ 15th June 2021, 3:07 PM

Sounds about right - I think they're maybe called John and Mary. Frightfully posh and exactly the sort of people you'd expect to watch The Proms. A review I've just read also referenced Gogglebox, but I swear I hadn't read it when I posted that. The rug also rings a bell for me and I'm sure it's been used in another BBC thing. Reminds me of The King's Speech, but I'm not sure that's what it's from.

Miles and Mary it seems (so, well remembered again!), and this, sadly !!, is only part of the skit...................WHY it's not complete annoyingly, I don't know, as Jennifer (Mary) gets taken over by the soft furnishings. Laughing out loud SUPERB!!

I'll have to try and find the full version somewhere!

I think it would have been great if IN9 had done a full-on Gogglebox parody but with Brexit undertones. Obviously not playing the real people or with the narrator, because that's not their style, but filming it in exactly the same way and never leaving the living room, with the dog lying across their laps instead of in his basket in the kitchen. Royle Family-esque. Maybe they've already done that - I haven't seen every episode.

Some of the best TV is 'bottle episodes', happening in real time - 'The Netherzone' in Peep Show (almost) and 'The One Where No One's Ready' (American, sorry), etc.

Quote: EllieS @ 15th June 2021, 5:22 PM

I think it would have been great if IN9 had done a full-on Gogglebox parody but with Brexit undertones. Obviously not playing the real people or with the narrator, because that's not their style, but filming it in exactly the same way and never leaving the living room, with the dog lying across their laps instead of in his basket in the kitchen.

That would actually be amazing.

Totally lost - but half an hour of Sarah Parish made it worthwhile.

I really didn't get any of it. Holier than though Sheersmith taking the piss out of Pemberton's "Nationalism" which of course is a major crime nowadays.

And the religion bit? I didn't get it but let's see them take the piss out of radical Muslims.

I guess the episode had it's required effect.