Euros 20/21

I never know whether it's 20 or 21 or what year it will go down as in the records.

But here's the topic on it.

The bookies odds have been changing dramatically over the last two weeks.
Last week France were hot favourites at 3/1 and England were 7/1 2nd favourites.

Either someone knows something or there's been an avalanche of money for England.

They are now mostly joint favourites at 11/2.

Is there hope?

Thanks for starting this.
Can't wait for it all to kick-off.
Personally I've seen nothing in our performances, to date, to merit those odds - but as you say, a lot of over-excited punters out there.
Looking to forward to seeing as many of our potential opponents in action in the opening stages
Perhaps then I'll allow myself a little hope!

Oooh! Risking Aaron's wrath here.

England are due to meet a tough team in the last 16 if they get there I think
I think it will be the usual story, hard to beat but will need a lot of luck to get to the final stages

We have some very good players and I have faith in the manager.
If they gel, it could come home.

I won't be holding my breath.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 8th June 2021, 9:46 PM

We have some very good players and I have faith in the manager.
If they gel, it could come home.

What? The tournament or the Trophy?

Apparently in 1996 "It's coming home" motivated other countries because of our supposed arrogance.

I think that is still the case but for other reasons.
Like when the lesser teams play Man Utd - they are all up for it.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 9th June 2021, 3:11 PM

I think that is still the case but for other reasons.
Like when the lesser teams play Man Utd - they are all up for it.

Man Utd? Oh you mean that team that haven't won the league for years now but pick up the occasional cup. Reminds me of the 1980s.

Opening match of the Tournament there's a good chance 25% of the players will be Chelsea.
We've got about 18 players out there - chances of not getting one big injury are pretty slim.
Hope it's not Mount or Kante.

We have one playing for Curacao in the world cup qualifiers.
They beat the virgin isles 8-0 this week.

And I bet he feels as proud as punch.

Feels like it could be a good tournament, with several strong teams.

Looking forward to seeing Foden make an impact, if Southgate is brave enough to give him a free role.

Quote: playfull @ 10th June 2021, 8:30 AM

Feels like it could be a good tournament, with several strong teams.

Looking forward to seeing Foden make an impact, if Southgate is brave enough to give him a free role.

The trouble is how many flair players we can use. There's Grealish too and Mount to a lesser extent. At least with the number of subs allowed we can give them all gametime.

Yes FIVE subs, I think that's very unfair on the smaller squads, favours the usual winning countries again. And while our squad depth is pretty good this time (although insanely unbalanced again) Southgate makes his changes far too late and he'll never use the full 5 in a non friendly.