Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (spoilers) Page 3

It was a popular book series amongst children and some special adults, which later become adapted into a movie series and over hyped by American's because they can't get enough of "Ye Ole British Doo Dahs".

Quote: Lee @ 6th June 2021, 10:01 AM

It was a popular book series amongst children and some special adults, which later become adapted into a movie series and over hyped by American's because they can't get enough of "Ye Ole British Doo Dahs".

I like that you were against this fourteen years ago, and you're still against it! That's the kind of consistency I want in a BCGite.

I only got around to watching these recently and thought they were OK, although they could have done and dusted the whole thing in one film/book, not dragged it out over eiight.

I've never been into things where they use names such as Dumbledore, it makes my skin crawl. However, I do like fantasy (wizards, dragons, goblins) sometimes.

Like you, I thought the movies were just OK and I agree, it's a one book/movie and maybe a sequel kind of thing. I do like that it is done in years but the films are really bad at conveying that a whole year or even a term has past. Each film seems to follow less than a few days worth of events and then they're all f**king off back home like nothing has happened.

Has it really been 14 years? Jesus!

Quote: chipolata @ 6th June 2021, 4:38 PM

I only got around to watching these recently and thought they were OK, although they could have done and dusted the whole thing in one film/book, not dragged it out over eiight.

Quote: Lee @ 6th June 2021, 7:59 PM

However, I do like fantasy (wizards, dragons, goblins) sometimes.
Like you, I thought the movies were just OK and I agree, it's a one book/movie and maybe a sequel kind of thing.

"Legend" (Tim Curry) was a great film, and fitted that bill, as was to a lesser extent "Willow" IMO

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 6th June 2021, 9:22 AM

From front office of the Department of Old Thread Revival

Well...............I finally watched the last disc (the 2 or 3 extras discs can stay unwatched!!) in the Blue Ray box set I had bought for me some three years ago, and can only say.................

WTF was that all about! The fuss, I mean. Just don't get it. I like fantasy films, but this was just plain boring.

Now if Harry and Ron had spit-roast Hermione in this final film, THAT, would have made it a bit more interesting.

Still think my spit-roast idea would have improved it. Cool