JoJo Rabbit Page 2

The film is certainly not meeting with universal approval but a lot of people love it, as these reviews from across the Atlantic make clear.

"#JojoRabbit is irreverent, bonkers, and surprisingly heartfelt. Taika Waititi expertly pivots between comedy and drama, on top of his amazing performance. I LOVED it." [Corey Chizizola, Cinemablend]

"#JoJoRabbit is one of the more absurd coming-of-age stories I've seen. Funny, bittersweet and unapologetically unique" {Erik Davis, Fandango]

"#JojoRabbit is officially a favorite of #TIFF19 (Toronto International Film Festival). It feels like next-level Taika. The concept needed spot-on work in every single department - it's there & it all comes together beautifully. A whole lotta laughs with purpose that sends you on your way with hope in your heart." [Perri Nemiroff, Collider]

The New York Times points out that, given its subject matter, Jojo Rabbit had massive potential for disaster and praises Taika for somehow pulling it off, adding "The movie played like gangbusters tonight at TIFF and despite its high whimsy, could become a serious awards contender" [Kyle Buchanan, New York Times]

"Taika Waititi knocks it out of the park with the meaningful lunacy of his anti-hate satire" [Peter Howell, Toronto Star]

Quote: Firkin @ 11th September 2019, 9:56 AM

Being dyslexic I fear the Grauniad, it's like they're mocking me.

:D

Jojo Rabbit has won the People's Choice award at the Toronto Film Festival and that's seen by many as a predictor of forthcoming success at the Oscars.

The last seven winners of the award have subsequently either won or been nominated for the "best picture" Oscar.

Go Jojo! Laughing out loud

Just got back from seeing it.
It's fantastic btw.

NB Though, I could have done without Stephen Merchant, who's a one-trick pony & is always naff.

Hitler reminds me Red Dwarf Hitler.
"Why do you not like me? It's because I'm a Hitler?" (He wanted Lister to jam with him)

Edit. JoJo Rabbit is
Best Picture nominee https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/oscar-nominations-2020/?cmp=TWRT_Edit_Awards_OscarNoms

Just saw it. A big disappointment and easily Wahiti's worst film.