Saucy seaside postcards Page 13

It makes sense, but the implication is that he is only attracted to this sheep, but not any of the ones he owns, which is...I don;t know, perhaps that's usual for an oviphile.

Copied:
saucy seaside postcards were once considered so risqué they were confiscated by police on the grounds of obscenity.

Thick with double-entendres, busty bathing belles, naughty vicars and henpecked husbands, the images may have been a hit with British holidaymakers who bought up to 16million of them every year during the 1950s.

But the Conservative government of the time took a different view and felt they were a source of moral corruption.

From the early 1950s, tens of thousands of postcards deemed offensive were destroyed as part of the government's aggressive anti-obscenity campaign.

A new exhibition displaying 1,300 titillating postcards, seized by police between 1951 to 1961, is being held by the British Cartoon Archive at the University of Kent. The display features cards that were seized by police in Margate, Kent.

It includes work by Donald McGill, a prolific postcard artist who in 1954 was found guilty of violating obscenity laws and made to pay a £50 fine plus £25 costs.

Spoil sports.I was at just the right age to appreciate them.

A bit contrived that one.Unlikely that she would say "take it out" gently.

I agree. For a joke to work, it has to have some sort of logic.

That's a funny place to inject me.

Or

I thought you said cocaine not cock in

Or, "Rape!"

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 1st June 2021, 9:51 AM

Copied:
saucy seaside postcards were once considered so risqué they were confiscated by police on the grounds of obscenity.

Thick with double-entendres, busty bathing belles, naughty vicars and henpecked husbands, the images may have been a hit with British holidaymakers who bought up to 16million of them every year during the 1950s.

But the Conservative government of the time took a different view and felt they were a source of moral corruption.

From the early 1950s, tens of thousands of postcards deemed offensive were destroyed as part of the government's aggressive anti-obscenity campaign.

A new exhibition displaying 1,300 titillating postcards, seized by police between 1951 to 1961, is being held by the British Cartoon Archive at the University of Kent. The display features cards that were seized by police in Margate, Kent.

It includes work by Donald McGill, a prolific postcard artist who in 1954 was found guilty of violating obscenity laws and made to pay a £50 fine plus £25 costs.

Just back from a break on the Isle of Wight. There is a Donald McGill Museum in Ryde (except it is currently closed Angry):

https://saucyseasidepostcards.com/?page_id=89

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 3rd June 2021, 7:28 PM

Just back from a break on the Isle of Wight. There is a Donald McGill Museum in Ryde (except it is currently closed Angry):

https://saucyseasidepostcards.com/?page_id=89

And that link shows the card I think is the cleverest and finest of the genre. Absolutely brilliant!

From a time when green-grocers sold from a van.