BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 89

Sorry, didn't congratulate you Steve. Well done.

Cheers Stephen
And as it is my 50th Birthday, I'll just assume all other congratulations were forthcoming

See you all next season

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 24th May 2021, 9:52 AM

I have several dictionaries thank you and they variously describe banter as "to make good-natured fun of someone; to joke or jest; wit at expense of another; pleasantry.

None of them, surprisingly, define it as calling people the "C" word, eagerly anticipating someone's premature death or telling people to F... Off".

Context, as ever, is key. It may not be banter if the Archbishop of Canterbury calls the Chief Medical Officer of England a c**t, but most certainly it is if Godot Taxis calls Billy Bunter one - or vice versa -i.e. two personas on a comedy forum.

For the record I did not 'eagerly anticipate your death'. That would be ghoulish and bizarre. I merely pointed out that if you died no-one would comment on it on this forum, which you don't surely dispute? To be clear - I wish you a long life.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 24th May 2021, 9:52 AM

Maybe, rather like April Fool's Jokes, there is a spectrum of banter with one end being the sophistication of the harvesting of a spaghetti tree and the other end the childish delight of a hidden whoopee cushion.

You made one joke in this thread - about 'paint drying', which was so unfunny that I initially thought it was a double parody. On this imaginary comparative spectrum you conjure up, you are firmly at the shallow end, tromboning fart noises. Your persona is a fat bloke who eats pies. Get some self knowledge.

Hey, my persona is a fat guy eating pies....oh wait, that's real life.

Nothing wrong with a good pie. Well I for one hope to see Billy back in the CLIQUE LEAGUE next season, a decent player and a sporting member helping others with their reading. He'll have a new Adminner who probably won't tinker as much as I did, but I had to live up to my team's name.

The FPL's reply to my query didn't help at all because the delete players facility just doesn't work on my Admin page, and I'm sick of trying it. Can someone volunteer to take the role on a one season basis please, if only to experience how clunky and cumbersome their set up is, which is run by a third party IT co. The thing is it won't even let me change Aministrator so whoever it is takes over will need to send out the new code to BCGers only in a month or two. Ta in advance.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th May 2021, 11:05 AM

WELL!! The plot thickens - I don't know how you got on Alf, but I did contact them yesterday, wanting to know what happened and/or why they did it, and this is their reply just received :

Hi Hercules,
Thanks for the email.
We don't enter teams into private leagues.
If they've entered the league, they've done this using the league code.
Please get back to us if you have any other questions.
Regards
Fantasy Premier League Support

The key phrase there, of course, is "they've done this using the league code." BUT even if somebody in the CLIQUE did divulge the code, who the f**k is going to bother - I mean, you are looking at some dozen extra punters chucking their all in. Can't see that happening.
F**king weird, if you ask me.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 29th May 2021, 11:28 PM

Nothing wrong with a good pie. Well I for one hope to see Billy back in the CLIQUE LEAGUE next season, a decent player and a sporting member helping others with their reading. He'll have a new Adminner who probably won't tinker as much as I did, but I had to live up to my team's name.

The FPL's reply to my query didn't help at all because the delete players facility just doesn't work on my Admin page, and I'm sick of trying it. Can someone volunteer to take the role on a one season basis please, if only to experience how clunky and cumbersome their set up is, which is run by a third party IT co. The thing is it won't even let me change Aministrator so whoever it is takes over will need to send out the new code to BCGers only in a month or two. Ta in advance.

Billy was a great help to me. I spent half the season not knowing a lot of the nuances of the game.
Each time I asked a question he always answered and put me right.
Thanks Billy - see you next season.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 31st May 2021, 9:41 AM

Thanks Billy - see you next season.

I hope so too. Good man. :)

Thank you, Alf, Stephen & Herc. I aim to please

I don't very often succeed but...

You can please most of the people sometimes or all of the people now and then or nobody sometimes or individuals never or groups when there's an 'r' in the month or.................now I've lost me thread.

Whatever, I hope to see you and everyone (apart from the Week 38 effin' interlopers) next season. :)

The 2021/22 season is open.

That's decent of you to volunteer to run it Don, but where is the code? :D

Big Phil's got it.

Oh, know him well :S

I've picked my players already....just waiting for a league.