Mobile website forum issues.

I do hate to complain but I really struggle to use the mobile version of this website, specifically the forums. Nothing to do with the layout per say but it pings around my screen like a pinball sometimes. It puts me off visiting here, unless I have access to a desktop - I'm back at work now though, hence my glorious return to your eyeballs Cool

An example would be that I will bring this site up and think it has finished loading, then an advert might pop up (that's fine, I get it!) but I'll click that advert instead of the thread I wanted. Another will be my scrolling down the list of threads and I will accidently click on a thread I didn't want or on someone's profile and the press back and it will go somewhere else unintended. This all happens it a brief moment, I'm not saying the links aren't working but as I got to press one one my screen, those few milliseconds the page jumps or the case could be that the website is too sensitive to clicks? I really can't explain it - you're the experts!

My phone is a Google Pixel 4 and it doesn't really have this issue elsewhere. Yes, it could just be me and the way I use my phone.

I will try and record it for you later!

You are not alone. I find that if I'm on my iPad, finger scrolling down a page, it jumps to 'report this post' or the posters profile.
You click 'back' and it goes back to the main page.

Have no trouble with my new shiny PC tower. :D

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 26th May 2021, 8:43 AM

You are not alone. I find that if I'm on my iPad, finger scrolling down a page, it jumps to 'report this post' or the posters profile.
You click 'back' and it goes back to the main page.

That's the stuff!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th May 2021, 8:46 AM

Have no trouble with my new shiny PC tower. :D

Yeah, desktop is as lovely as ever. Lovey

Quote: Lee @ 26th May 2021, 8:35 AM

I do hate to complain but I really struggle to use the mobile version of this website, specifically the forums. Nothing to do with the layout per say but it pings around my screen like a pinball sometimes. It puts me off visiting here, unless I have access to a desktop - I'm back at work now though, hence my glorious return to your eyeballs Cool

An example would be that I will bring this site up and think it has finished loading, then an advert might pop up (that's fine, I get it!) but I'll click that advert instead of the thread I wanted. Another will be my scrolling down the list of threads and I will accidently click on a thread I didn't want or on someone's profile and the press back and it will go somewhere else unintended. This all happens it a brief moment, I'm not saying the links aren't working but as I got to press one one my screen, those few milliseconds the page jumps or the case could be that the website is too sensitive to clicks? I really can't explain it - you're the experts!

My phone is a Google Pixel 4 and it doesn't really have this issue elsewhere. Yes, it could just be me and the way I use my phone.

I will try and record it for you later!

Have you got fat fingers?

No, I just use my penis. Unfortunately my phone has a very small screen :(

I expect it would be due to not pre-defining areas where adverts are allowed to appear.

We're currently working on a brand new version of the website that should annihilate these issues. It's due to launch late June/early July, so apologies in the meantime. :-)

Brilliant! :)

Having problems to access anything on my laptop. Surprised I got to make this post.

The server is being dreadful today. We should be leaving it in a few weeks' time.

This seems to be the only thread I can access.