I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,287

No,
I just think they could have handled the people already living there a bit more sensitively.
But they didn't because they were just Arabs.
Plus we 'owned' Palestine, so felt we could do what we liked.

Yep

The white man - spreading misery and death all over the planet since year dot

Actually in fairness its never the colour of a person its their mindset. The Royal Navy came about thanks to the amount of raids along the Cornish coast by Moors/Arabs looking for villages to steal people and make them slaves. At the height of the British Empire poor white kids were used under machine and up chimneys etc.
Exploitation is simply that and the exploiters colour is irrelevant .

Quote: lofthouse @ 17th May 2021, 7:01 PM

Yep

The white man - spreading misery and death all over the planet since year dot

I'll give you that, you're always good for a laugh.

Well I'm sure the Africans who were dragged from their homes into slavery don't find it funny

Or the native Americans who had their land robbed from them and were murdered or thrown on reservations if they dared object

Or people living in India or Australia or etc etc etc etc where the British invaded and took their country by force

Or the victims of the Roman Empire

Or the Viking's

And both world wars were caused by white nations - millions dead

Not funny - pretty shameful and vile really...

Read more history.

Well I've spent the last twenty years doing that , so not much left to read really...

They want to remove Christian language from the media. Amen to that.

The slaves were taken by black people in the interior and sold to Arabs who traded with whites, The only common denominator is wealth accumulation .
The British Empire was an atrocity for many people in it from Madras to Manchester , Australian Aborigine's were pitted against people who often stole to eat at the other end of the Empire,
I agree with almost all you say Lofty apart from the colour aspect, its about your mindset.
In Liverpool they have a museum to slavery and while it should be taught in schools for the horror it was . I believe that any council funding for the museum should be going to officers to visit the nail bars/ car washes. potato fields and massage parlours that are staffed by slaves as we speak.
Slavery is actually common today than ever and its all down to greed and corruption not color. When I was a kid In the 60's we put pennies in envelopes at school to build wells in Africa, now I see the same adverts on cable TV. Its not an Empire or a color that has stolen that money for the last 50 odd years, its robbing corrupt bastards of any color race or creed.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 18th May 2021, 4:37 PM

The only common denominator is wealth accumulation .

True.

Quote: lofthouse @ 17th May 2021, 8:53 PM

Well I'm sure the Africans who were dragged from their homes into slavery don't find it funny

Or the native Americans who had their land robbed from them and were murdered or thrown on reservations if they dared object

Or people living in India or Australia or etc etc etc etc where the British invaded and took their country by force

Or the victims of the Roman Empire

Or the Viking's

And both world wars were caused by white nations - millions dead

Not funny - pretty shameful and vile really...

And what about the Egyptians whose slaves built the pyramids! That was the Jews wasn't it?

A top plod was in the Daily Maul banging on about the fact that recruits coming straight from Uni don't like working nights or weekends and are not that warm about having to fight people in order to arrest them.
Its hard one to call as clearly being plod these days requires computer knowledge as a lot of crimes are on line. But at the same time if you're not ready to have a roll on the cobbles with a gang of drunks on a Friday night what use are you?
I blame Colombo that man solved at least 200 top flight murders without ever once pulling a gun or using handcuffs, he made it look too easy.
Plus the fact that he remained a lieutenant for at least 38 years despite never having an unsolved case seems to send the message out that your efforts are not noted .

I went to join the police at 18 years old. It was a very rigorous process.
1st job - an exam in a exam room at headquarters. No pass, no progress.
Then a home visit from 2 police officers to suss out ya background.
Then a medical where they were more interested in your height and weight and physical state.
I was 6ft then but they put 5 10" on the report. (I'm sure it was that no borderline cases got through)
Then the interview. Three very high up officers grilled me for half an hour.
After that, with all the candidates gathered they either gave you a pass to the room where you were measured for the uniform or an expenses sheet to bugger off home.
I got my posting to Wetherby to train for 18 months.
At this point, I decided it was not for me.

I spent most of my youth being chased by them .

Victims of police domestic abusers 'are powerless' was a recent headline:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-51773425

I have a relative in the Police and the stories she tells of Police abuse would make your toes curl. That said she's a huge bully herself, her hubby has that shell shocked Denise Thatcher "Help me, please" look to him.