BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 85

Quote: don rushmore @ 14th May 2021, 1:24 PM

'Sunday evening' is a bit broad. Could we have a specific time please, Billy?

23:59:59

Spot the difference!

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 15th May 2021, 7:10 AM

And on the late capitulation thing, way off. I was committed to getting Godot's points back from the start(

and:

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 3rd November 2020, 7:00 AM

Laughing out loud and :)

No, you were given the invite same time as everyone else, sorry. If you'd replied to your PMs from two of us you wouldn't have been late. And you've done alright in catching up, I still have you down for top 4 as usual, especially if Anton fails to post.

and:

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 27th December 2020, 10:21 AM

You've missed just one game in 38, and despite the points loss it allowed you to see which players started the season in the best form without making any changes. Insane.

All that proves is that I didn't reveal my genuine sympathies to his cause from the start. But gradually I did. As the adminner I had to please 'the majority', and yes I hoped that might dissuade Godot from his campaigning. It didn't, and when I realised the majority were no more than a bunch of self serving tossers who gave me grief whatever I did on it, I thought I'd show my backing for him, especially after a much later arrival here didn't lose a single point in his quest for another league trophy but had the cheek to protest like mad about any plan to instate points to Godot. Teary

He was helped out for the sake of sportsmanship, and the fact he was here before most of us, and was always a leading contributor to the forum, which is what it's really all about. You joined last season, we had next to no posts, and no fun. This season well over a thousand posts and a lot of fun. Why don't you join in it instead of feigning outrage at every little thing that offends your morals? You last posted in February and then as soon as something upsets you three months later, immediately post of your indignation and burning injustice and attempt to dismantle the league.

The Godot I knew back in the day wouldn't have accepted Charity
But in this Multiverse of madness lets all just be thankful that Gerry McDonnell didn't enter every league

Hmm...what a good idea. I'll just PM Gerry, it's never too late to join, is it Steve? :)

I find all this bickering so sad, because in the past it has been fun, which surely is what it should be all about.

It would be nice to win the main league, but have only ever won the H2H once; but that doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I enjoy the planning and scheming with dreams of mega points, but when it goes tits up, so what, it's only a league we're all having a laugh with.................isn't it?

I would like to see everyone in it next season (with the exception of a couple of people who don't post etc.)

It's still fun Hercules
It just happens that Godot and Alf have confused things a bit this season by acting like two of the three stooges

Yeah, its still fun. I have enjoyed it very much.
The bickering and falling out on here adds to it - and I'm sure most is tongue in cheek anyway.

And thank you Alfred J Kipper for Admining? A thankless task - but I've just thanked you.

There's a line from The Sopranos that goes 'You steer the ship the best you know how, sometimes it's smooth, sometimes you hit the rocks. In the meantime, you find your pleasures where you can.

Thank yo Stephen, and Herc earlier for your appreciation. I'd like to hand it over to someone else now, so please put your hand up if you'd like the role for next season before passing it onto someone else (I think it should be done on a rota for fairness. I may have another go in the future). It does come with the job of trying to get new members or least not lose any more, so go about that as you will. We can have a vote or a ballot to decide who takes it. Don't all rush. :)

Whistling nnocently

Yes thank you for all your work on the member garnering front Herc. I'd hand the batton to you but I thought you didn't want it. ?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 16th May 2021, 10:14 AM

Yes thank you for all your work on the member garnering front Herc. I'd hand the batton to you but I thought you didn't want it. ?

:O I was hoping to give the impression of someone standing at the back, hoping no one would notice or pick me.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 15th May 2021, 10:57 PM

This season well over a thousand posts and a lot of fun. Why don't you join in it instead of feigning outrage at every little thing that offends your morals? You last posted in February and then as soon as something upsets you three months later, immediately post of your indignation and burning injustice.

I thought I was joining in to be quite honest. It's hard to know exactly what you require. You wanted banter - here I am bantering. Yet, bizarrely, you choose to criticise it as "feigning outrage". If, as you believe, I am "feigning", with anybody else it's lauded as:

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 16th May 2021, 9:13 AM

tongue in cheek

You wanted - albeit retrospectively - at least 6 posts during the course of the season. I've posted far more than that. But now you decide it's not enough.

In March you posted:

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 21st March 2021, 4:53 PM

This ends this announcement. Any questions, f**k off. Thank you.

So I did as requested and f---ed off. Now you complain that I did so for a couple of months.

This ends this discussion. Any question, f--- off. Thank you. :)

Just to say, the clouds are blowing by and two hippopotamus were chasing each other.
As you were.