And a single paragraph
*extra hug

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 10th May 2021, 1:18 AM

Horesradish
I've never been so pleased to see you *gives virtual hug

And a single paragraph
*extra hug

Nice.

I kinda like the way your posts and those of others have got twenty times longer since I was last here. I feel that I might have started a trend. Just a shame it took a while. Obviously I would have been here sooner but on 7th March I married Anneliese Dodds's hairdo and it has taken us an age to get all our utilities in place.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 10th May 2021, 1:22 AM

Nice.

I kinda like the way your posts and those of others have got twenty times longer since I was last here. I feel that I might have started a trend. Just a shame it took a while. Obviously I would have been here sooner but on 7th March I married Anneliese Dodds's hairdo and it has taken us an age to get all our utilities in place.

Laughing out loudLaughing out loud

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 10th May 2021, 12:55 AM

*To be fair I think Don would also agree because he's nothing if not fair

I agree with every word you've said.

Far as I'm concerned, GW1 points are still valid.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 10th May 2021, 1:22 AM

I kinda like the way your posts and those of others have got twenty times longer since I was last here. I feel that I might have started a trend.......................................

F**king hope not. :P

Doesn't it give you a 29 point swing in your favour against the current leader with two rounds to go ?

I wasn't aware that it did, but that's cancelled out by a 48 point swing for Godot over me, who was already in front of me. So to suggest I did it for my own chances of winning is bonkers! :S It's considerably dented them. I look at it more as a bold sporting gesture to right a perceived wrong to sign off my stint as Adminner. Heard of a level playing field?

Quote: don rushmore @ 10th May 2021, 4:00 AM

I agree with every word you've said.

Far as I'm concerned, GW1 points are still valid.

Quote: don rushmore @ 15th September 2020, 7:18 PM

Is there any way we can get Godot back in this, so he's not a week behind?

Perhaps reset the scores to zero or start a new league?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 9th May 2021, 3:31 AM

If the early leaders hadn't fallen away (and perhaps posted more) then I wouldn't go along with it out of fairness

But it's not only about winning is it? Once it becomes clear that one is not going to win, it is about attaining the best position. Otherwise there would be no point in carrying on. Only one person can win. 15 can have fun trying to attain the best position.

Last night I went to bed in 8th place with a top 6 place firmly within my sights;; this morning I wake up in 9th place with a bottom 6 place firmly within my sights.

As attaining the best position has been taken out of my hands, and, with it, the fun of trying to do so, there is, as I have pointed out above, no point in carrying on. I am therefore leaving the league. I suggest all others do the same (just click the "Leagues" tab and then click on "options" next to "BCG CLIQUE" - you cannot leave the "head to head").

I have set up a new league to start from week one in the time honoured fashion called BCG Week One League - code 2iare6 - and invite everyone who leaves the CLIQUE league to join it. We can then carry on where we were forced to leave off. We can also renew it next season when there will be no retrospective changes or rules about posting and we can just have fun (if anyone remembers that) playing the game as it was meant to be played. If no-one has joined my league by next Sunday I will accept that there is no interest and delete it.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 10th May 2021, 10:14 AM

But it's not only about winning is it? Once it becomes clear that one is not going to win, it is about attaining the best position. Otherwise there would be no point in carrying on. Only one person can win. 15 can have fun trying to attain the best position.

Last night I went to bed in 8th place with a top 6 place firmly within my sights;; this morning I wake up in 9th place with a bottom 6 place firmly within my sights.

As attaining the best position has been taken out of my hands, and, with it, the fun of trying to do so, there is, as I have pointed out above, no point in carrying on. I am therefore leaving the league. I suggest all others do the same (just click the "Leagues" tab and then click on "options" next to "BCG Clique" - you cannot leave the "head to head").

I have set up a new league to start from week one in the time honoured fashion called BCG Week One League - code 2iare6 - and invite everyone who leaves the clique league to join it. We can then carry on where we were forced to leave off. We can also renew it next season when there will be no retrospective changes or rules about posting and we can just have fun (if anyone remembers that) playing the game as it was meant to be played. If no-one has joined my league by next Sunday I will accept that there is no interest and delete it.

9th is your actual position.

Before you had an unfair advantage. Now everyone has started from zero and had exactly the same points opportunities.

Sorry that you are only interested in playing the game with me handicapped.

I'm sorry but if Godot was in my position at this time, he'd be f**king raging

You don't know me very well, do you?

Firstly I would never accept a week's points advantage over you. I wouldn't want to win or compete with any unfair advantage.

The lack of concern expressed by you and a few others about having an unfair advantage over me has been eye-opening I can tell you. As I said in an earlier post, you're all a bunch of I'm alright jacks.

You wouldn't even join my GW2 league, which would have at least given me the satisfaction of seeing how well I had actually played, at zero cost to you.

IE if he had put his team in at the beginning, and then another person joined who missed a week in the league and then persuaded the admin to wipe out every one else's score for that week it would have been 12 pages at least

No.

No.

There wouldn't be twelve pages, no. I'm not interested in winning with other players handicapped. And it's not 'a week', it's the first week. So everyone starts with zero points and has the same number of weeks to build their score. The previous arrangement was everyone having an extra week EXCEPT ME. You're cool with that, it seems.

I asked you some questions in a previous post - they weren't rhetorical. You didn't answer them:

• Why are you happy to have an extra game week's points on your total than me? Doesn't it bother you at all to have that advantage?
• Don't you want everyone to start from zero points and have the same number of gameweeks to play?
• Why do you think I should play with a handicap over you and everyone else?

*To be fair I think Don would also agree because he's nothing if not fair

One of the reasons I quit playing in this league was because of Don's performance the year he won, where he did not post for HALF THE SEASON and then breezed in to collect his trophy. He even had the temerity to say to one poster 'glad you enjoyed the show' when he obviously meant 'no show'.

The posting rule has been flouted right left and centre by all and sundry - but not by me. We all have different abilities here with writing and humour and graphics, but we can all post. If you're looking for someone who is fair and has always done the right thing re this league, it's me before Don every day of the week.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 10th May 2021, 10:25 AM

The posting rule has been flouted right left and centre by all and sundry - but not by me.

In 17/18 you disappeared for SIX months.

Wow.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 10th May 2021, 10:14 AM

I have set up a new league to start from week one in the time honoured fashion called BCG Week One League - code 2iare6 - and invite everyone who leaves the clique league to join it. We can then carry on where we were forced to leave off. We can also renew it next season when there will be no retrospective changes or rules about posting and we can just have fun (if anyone remembers that) playing the game as it was meant to be played. If no-one has joined my league by next Sunday I will accept that there is no interest and delete it.

Not sure if I can see the point of all this, but I've joined - if only to see me top of the league alphabetically. :D

It's all gone Pete Tong.
And unfathomal.
I'm starting one for just the bottom half.
No wait, in keeping with today's society, in my league everyone gets a 'taking part medal.
No losers on my watch

Quote: don rushmore @ 10th May 2021, 1:34 PM

In 17/18 you disappeared for SIX months.

Don't be a wanker Don - 17/18 was the season I stopped playing the game and didn't come back until this season. I still posted 28 times in the thread and popped in at the end to congratulate everyone and award the prize to Anton, which was a fat girl in a cage.

Despite posting for the whole season nobody beat my two month contribution except Herc. You posted FIVE times, and four of those were in the week after the season ended.

Here's a link to the thread. It's just seventeen pages long.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/33829/

I've taken out a court injunction against any breakaway from the breakaway league. Pirate

Billy as a consolation I propose that you take on the Admin role next season. on a one season rota before passing it onto someone else. I've had my turn, time for someone else to handle the madness. Before I go I'd like to announce the shortlist for post of the season. Voting starts now:

:S Er anyway, the winner is Horseradish. No contest. Well done horse and keep it up for next season. Wave claps.