The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 715

Dave! Big opportunity for Sutton United to fill one of the gaps in the European Super League and make some dosh.

And, relax.
Goodbye ESL.

I think it has brought the conversation forward and could see a more realistic approach through legislation that would see more power to the fans in respect of their clubs actions.
The German model helped immensely as it showed the fans what should be happening rather than what was being forced on them.
So now lets discuss a World Cup aided by slave labour and a host of other issues as neither side are saints so they need to be reigned in and made way more accountable for their actions,

Apparently Spurs are thinking of re-joining as they would now be guaranteed a place in the Semis...

Many fans up in arms over the Super League fiasco, and who can blame them - there was talk of adopting the German system of nobody owning more than 49% of a club, but surely that is too late for the UK.

My home team of Ipswich has just been bought out by an American consortium who have said blah de blah bollocks. Can't see them making the slightest difference (well, they haven't so far), so it's as you were, after over a decade of Marcus Evans wasting his millions on eleven useless managers, starting with the tool that was Roy Keane.

Totally gripped watching Derby and Sheff Wed fighting for their lives. It's in the type of game and outcome that the so called Super Six would have denied us the pleasure of.
I am amazed at their total lack of understanding they displayed as this game is more dynamic than most of I have seen during lockdown.

Automatic promotion sealed for the mighty Bolton today

:)

Yeah, people think it's all about the big teams.
Can't wait to get back next season.
I'll take a can of wd40 with me for the turnstile hinges.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 8th May 2021, 2:32 PM

Totally gripped watching Derby and Sheff Wed fighting for their lives. It's in the type of game and outcome that the so called Super Six would have denied us the pleasure of.
I am amazed at their total lack of understanding they displayed as this game is more dynamic than most of I have seen during lockdown.

Shame about the result though. I'd loved to have seen Rooney relegated and Wednesday earned more points than Derby.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 8th May 2021, 9:43 PM

Yeah, people think it's all about the big teams.
Can't wait to get back next season.
I'll take a can of wd40 with me for the turnstile hinges.

And Sutton are still in the hunt thanks to Bromley. We're guaranteed to at least make the play-offs.

Quote: Chappers @ 9th May 2021, 6:25 PM

And Sutton are still in the hunt thanks to Bromley. We're guaranteed to at least make the play-offs.

Although Southend & Grimsby have challenged the concept of relegation and promotion to/from the National League this season as the National League itself is having no relegation.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 10th May 2021, 10:32 AM

Although Southend & Grimsby have challenged the concept of relegation and promotion to/from the National League this season as the National League itself is having no relegation.

But there is relegation within the League. If they win their case then all of the others should be cancelled.

Funny they never worried about it until they finished bottom.

Whatever happened to It's a Cup Final Knockout and Cup Final Mastermind and interviews with players on the pitch in their new suits?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 15th May 2021, 5:19 PM

Whatever happened to It's a Cup Final Knockout and Cup Final Mastermind and interviews with players on the pitch in their new suits?

I miss the man in the white suit, who would stand on a high rostrum in the middle of the pitch and "conduct" the heaving masses, especially when it got to "Abide With Me". Never failed with me..............Teary

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 15th May 2021, 5:19 PM

And on both the main channels for almost the whole day, or so it seemed. Now we get one measly hour pre match on one channel with little of that old hype. If it's to be a big event again then the broadcasters have to play their part and open the slots up and put some effort in like they used to.

I did sense though that the Leicester foxes winning brought back some of that romance and prestige the FA Cup Final was once famous for. And they've become the pro neutrals' favourite in the fallout from the ESL fiasco, quite right. Good game in the end too.

So pleased for Leicester and their fans. Shame the old man wasn't there to see it, although his son looked pleased - bet he was churning inside though.