This Time With Alan Partridge Page 14

Quote: chipolata @ 4th May 2021, 8:16 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing if his act is still really poor.

Brilliant.

Can't help feeling that this series came about because he wore down Tony Hayers, who let him make it just to get him off his back - Tony knew an end in sight when he saw one.

I should imagine, in the main, sales will be restricted to those who like the series.
So, no need to panic.

I've no idea what happened to my original post, if that is what you were replying to, Lazzard Wave

Bloomin' Heck! They've released a DVD of this *beep* (perhaps that was a bit strong).

I like Steve Coogan and I like Tim Key, but this is beyond the pale.

I won't waste time watching this tonight.

Quote: Chappers @ 7th May 2021, 6:14 PM

I won't waste time watching this tonight.

I think I'm going to risk it
I've lost My Virgin remote control so apart from my android box I only have BBC Iplayer or Netflix to watch

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 7th May 2021, 11:50 PM

I think I'm going to risk it
I've lost My Virgin remote control so apart from my android box I only have BBC Iplayer or Netflix to watch

I've cancelled the the link on my V-box.

Speaking of which, my Virgin control is not allowed to get any further than 6 feet from me, or there's trouble!

I have got an old V controller somewhere from my first box you can have, but I expect it will be too old.

They appear on eBay quite regularly.

yes cheers
E bay seems to be best for getting them
have ordered a new one

I'm done with this. It's just....pointless. A few lines raised a titter but otherwise it's the same old jokes and the whole thing is very tired.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 8th May 2021, 1:08 AM

yes cheers
E bay seems to be best for getting them
have ordered a new one

I see, that's a new one on me - the eBay link I posted to you re the Virgin remote has been deleted. Have deleted my reference to it, so my post makes sense.

Anyway, don't want to be dragged off to Room 101 :(

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 8th May 2021, 8:22 AM

I'm done with this. It's just....pointless. A few lines raised a titter but otherwise it's the same old jokes and the whole thing is very tired.

Glad it's not just me. I preferred to watch Would I lie to You? from earlier in the evening with the brilliant Mr and Mrs Mitchell getting tense with each other.

This was poor.
He did himself no favours by including clips from KMKY - just showed the paucity of new thinking.
Prison sketch was endless.
Little flash of quality when he thought he might be up on a harassment charge with the make-up girl.
And that was it.

Mixed bag for me. None of the segments worked particularly welll on their own, but there were some great one liners and moments along the way (eg, renaming the ping pong ball, or Alan's terror at the thought he'd sexually harassed the make-up girl).

And I agree about the clip of KMKY, it did just remind us of a funnier show.

Even what should have been the comic high point, Alan getting attacked by the monkey, fell flat. Maybe it was the way it was directed, but I thought it could have been funnier if it was harsher, if we saw Alan trying to fight him off. Or maybe Rod Hull was so good doing the same thing with Emu, anything else that tries now falls flat.

I do love John Thompson, whatever he's in - he's one of those people, like Dave Grohl or Ainsley Harriott, who makes the world a better place just by being in it. He was also the very last comedian I saw before you-know-what and I practically chased him down the road for a selfie. He insisted on taking it because he's "a dab hand" Lovey