I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,284

Quote: chipolata @ 29th April 2021, 12:29 PM

I enjoyed the Boris meltdown at PMQs yesterday. Very Prime Ministerial, a great advert for Britain, and he didn't in any way look guilty because of it.

Here it is...

Looks like we are on a war footing with France yet again. Let's hope that the French don't go for a preemptive strike on the Daily Mails offices thus destroying our military planners and War Cabinet.

The French waved the white flag as soon as they saw the friggates.
Wine scented poo all over the fishing vessels.

These are two nuclear powers Ste it's not Hornblower.
Now while we are miles away from military action. I am not best pleased to see one side threatening to turn the others lights off and the other sending gunboats in on the eve of elections. As I hardly see these actions as indicators of stability.

The French government has condemned an open letter signed by active soldiers that said the country was heading for "civil war" due to religious extremism.
About 1,000 servicemen and women, including some 20 retired generals, put their names to the letter.
It blamed "fanatic partisans" for creating divisions between communities, and said Islamists were taking over whole parts of the nation's territory.
Ministers have condemned the message published in a right-wing magazine.
The letter was first published on 21 April - the 60th anniversary of a failed coup d'état.
"The hour is grave, France is in peril," the signatories said.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 6th May 2021, 8:29 PM

As I hardly see these actions as indicators of stability.

That's the trouble with a shit deal that's pissed off fishermen on both sides. Boris probably spent more time choosing the wallpaper.

I don't think he was even allowed to choose the wallpaper he just had to drum up the sponsor to pay for it.

The scoundrel. BTW, hows the voting going?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 7th May 2021, 8:56 AM

The scoundrel. BTW, hows the voting going?

:D

Quote: Lazzard @ 6th May 2021, 11:04 PM

That's the trouble with a shit deal that's pissed off fishermen on both sides. Boris probably spent more time choosing the wallpaper.

Considering how much time they blathered on about fisherman during the referendum, Brexit has indeed been massively shit for fisherman everywhere.

Hook, line & sinker, you could say.

Quote: chipolata @ 7th May 2021, 9:42 AM

Considering how much time they blathered on about fisherman during the referendum, Brexit has indeed been massively shit for fisherman everywhere.

Fishermen should've known there'd be a catch.

You're krilling me with these fish puns!

Quote: chipolata @ 7th May 2021, 11:36 AM

You're krilling me with these fish puns!

The Jerseyians (Rolling eyes) are between a rock eel and a hard plaice, and know their chips are down. I wonder if they'll be any scraps.

Yeah OK, I know - I've gone too far. I'll get me coat batter, and fry off

My fish likes balancing on sools. Must be a perch.
My fish likes sleeping. Must be a kipper.
My fish likes One Direction. Must be a total c**t.
Don't worry, they're my sole puns for this cod-forsaken plaice. I've haddock with 'em.