BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 80

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 2nd May 2021, 8:43 PM

Anyone got Bale?

I'll give you one guess. :P Didn't play him as captain though, which is a bastard I expect.

I'm not sure I even know what Bale looks like
But then I am a Real Madrid fan

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 2nd May 2021, 11:53 PM

I'm not sure I even know what Bale looks like

Then you must have missed my copy of the Daily Cock, when it reported the Bale Fever that ran through Spurs when he returned to the team............................. ;)

Come on Alf
give him an award at the end of the season for something

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 3rd May 2021, 11:27 PM

Come on Alf
give him an award at the end of the season for something

Thank you Steve :) - just for you................

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 2nd May 2021, 7:36 AM

You can throw it at Sunshine now. Shouldn't miss that big head of his. Pirate

First gold medal of the season goes to JP Pass (Shotgun Blues) in the H2H league.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th May 2021, 12:00 AM

Laughing out loud Brilliant, what a hit. I think that clinches you the Funny Pic Award for this season, congrats Herc, for this and the others. Special mentions also for Toulouse Taxis and Vincent Van Goodlad. Well done all. Wave

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 4th May 2021, 7:22 AM

Laughing out loud Brilliant, what a hit. I think that clinches you the Funny Pic Award for this season, congrats Herc, for this and the others. Special mentions also for Toulouse Taxis and Vincent Van Goodlad. Well done all. Wave

Oh thank you Alf, I am deeply honoured. So when will the presentation be, and can I have six tickets, as I intend to bring a party? Is it white tie? :)

Can't wait!! I hope you can get Frankie Boyle to do it, as you promised. Cool

I hope I get a mention in your speech, for nominating you if nothing else

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 5th May 2021, 8:46 PM

I hope I get a mention in your speech, for nominating you if nothing else

Natch, but I have such a long list of people to thank. Also depends on how long you are going to take accepting the CLIQUE AWARD - I remember last time it you took ages, as you kept breaking down in tears. Beautiful sight to behold though, and everyone in the room had the sniffles.

Even Alf was in tears (but he did say later to me that he'd just received a tax demand), and so it was down to Footie Fanatic (the brains behind the FPL - who only shows his feminine side when a pussy is involved) Aaron who took over the reins of emceeing, in his usual stoic manner.

As the season finale reaches it's conclusion; who will get their hands on the cup?

There is a clear favourite.

"Shit or Bust" I say, with gay abandon. Caring not a jot, as I throw all caution to the wind, and let the devil take the hindmost.

There you go, a mix of hackneyed clichés, whether they are apt or not, I found in the Bumper Book of Clichés, I bought at a boot sale.

Please join my league "Up the Clique without a paddle'

The code is: 1fzbdf

This is the only league where everyone started from zero points and played the same number of weeks, so gives the actual Clique competitive total.

Ah, I get it now...the league where you are winning.
Seeing as you asked nicely....
Like joining a parallel universe.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 7th May 2021, 5:19 PM

Ah, I get it now...the league where you are winning.
Seeing as you asked nicely....
Like joining a parallel universe.

The parallel Universe is the League you're currently in. Where everyone except me has an extra week's points on their total.

It's a simple matter for Kipper to just select 'start the scoring for gameweek 2'. No-one loses anything. We ALL start from zero points, unlike the current league where everyone started from at least 30 points and as much as 91 points whilst I started from zero.

The point of this competition is to see who's best at it, right? Not to see who's best with a points advantage. Well, it's me, currently, because out of the total possible points available to me and everyone else I've scored the most. Doesn't mean I'll win, come the end.

Thanks for joining Up the Clique