BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 79

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 26th April 2021, 9:10 PM

Who's making the virtual trophy this season?

Don't know if petty cash will stretch to these Alf, but they are solid gold - one is 9 carat and the other 24. I have a "friend" who can supply them wholesale.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th April 2021, 9:21 AM

Don't know if petty cash will stretch to these Alf, but they are solid gold - one is 9 carat and the other 24. I have a "friend" who can supply them wholesale.

:D The one on the left is hideous!

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 26th April 2021, 6:57 PM

I've been through this before on previous occasions when I've been high up the table. so sorry if I find it a bit tiresome

Now that's definitely you being passively aggressive. Laughing out loud

Yes, the same thing happened when you won in the 13/14 season, when you famously admitted that you didn't know who Ron Vlaar was and that you'd fielded Ross Barkley for four weeks without ever having seen him play. Call it a quirk of human nature, but people want to lose to players who at least appear to be better at the game than them, not players who cheerfully admit they're winging it.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 26th April 2021, 6:57 PM

The fact that I prefer to base the game on what actually happens as opposed to what might have or what should have is not the reason that I haven't joined yet another different league with the same players,
I'm already in three leagues and I can't be bothered getting any further into this Multiverse of madness

This is a bit like Billy Bunter's post from a while back - basic fairness - ie everyone starting from zero - spun as an elaborate inconvenience that somehow gets in the way of the real game, when it is actually fundamental to the integrity of said game.

I'm not surprised you don't want to join my league - you're not first in it - because in my league you've played 32 weeks like me, instead of 33. That you describe playing the same number of weeks as a 'multiverse of madness' is just disgusting really. You're all just a bunch of 'I'm alright jacks'.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 26th April 2021, 9:10 PM

Who's making the virtual trophy this season?

I'm very happy to do it.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 27th April 2021, 4:43 PM

:D The one on the left is hideous!

So reminds me of my days in the local Sunday pub league many years ago - Ahh, happy, bleary days when I was fit. ;)

If you can get someone to repair it, I found this in a skip.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 27th April 2021, 5:33 PM

Now that's definitely you being passively aggressive. Laughing out loud

Yes, the same thing happened when you won in the 13/14 season, when you famously admitted that you didn't know who Ron Vlaar was and that you'd fielded Ross Barkley for four weeks without ever having seen him play. Call it a quirk of human nature, but people want to lose to players who at least appear to be better at the game than them, not players who cheerfully admit they're winging it.

Fair enough, although I think you mean knowing more about Premier league players rather than being better at the game, I don't think being good at this game has much to do with a encyclopedic knowledge of the Premier league.

And winging it is a bit unfair, although it's hardly life or death( it's much more important than that) I do put a bit of effort in even if it;s just checking out how who's playing who or who looks in form and I also watch Match of the Day so I do know what Ross Barkley looks like now

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th April 2021, 3:45 PM

If you can get someone to repair it, I found this in a skip.

No need to worry about a repairer - I've done it with some Blue Tack, and while I was at it, soldered some appropriate letters on the other side of the of the cup. :)

You can throw it at Sunshine now. Shouldn't miss that big head of his. Pirate

Man U Liverpool postponed

It's a bit on't piss Herc.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 2nd May 2021, 5:50 PM

Man U Liverpool postponed

One of two taken a 3 player hit

And quite a few a 2 player hit

Selling Salah now seems a good idea
replacing him with Fernandes not so much

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 2nd May 2021, 6:03 PM

It's a bit on't piss Herc.

That was the whole point! It was broken and I repaired it with Blue Tack, which of course would be no good.

Too subtle sometimes, me.

All that and not one thumbs up. Teary Dunno why I bother. Clearly, this season, I'm no f**king good managing a team, but thought I'd try and be good at summat - I thought it was what Alf wanted. :( (gets out violin and plays "Hearts and Flowers")

I got the joke and fired one back.

Too subtle for me sometimes. :P

Anyone got Bale?