BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 78

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 22nd April 2021, 5:02 PM

Yeah, I was wrong about Kane (nice of you to call it 'optimism').

If you're asking does your TC chip switch to the VC for the second game? The answer is sadly no. It's one of the many anomalies/balls-ups of the FPL game.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 22nd April 2021, 5:20 PM

No Kane played part of the week

Not that I didn't believe either one of you - more a case of clutching at straws in the forlorn hope they might make an exception, so received this reply from them :-

Hi Hercules,

Thanks for the email.

If your captain plays twice in the same gameweek, his points will be tripled for both matches,

If your captain plays 1 fixture but plays 0 minutes in the second fixture, your vice captain's points won't be tripled for the fixture your captain has missed.

Your captain would have to play 0 minutes in both fixtures in order for your vice captain's points to be tripled.
Please get back to us if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Fantasy Premier League Support

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 22nd April 2021, 5:02 PM

If you're asking does your TC chip switch to the VC for the second game? The answer is sadly no. It's one of the many anomalies/balls-ups of the FPL game.

You are so right, and it's effin' annoying. Angry

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 22nd April 2021, 6:14 PM

It's not about getting lucky points off the bench, sure that happens to everyone - it's making a decision that very obviously shows you don't know what you're doing - ie captaining De Bruyne after he played 180 minutes of football against Leicester and Borrusia Dortmund just a few days earlier. There's no way he was going to play against Villa. Instead of getting punished for just making a random decision, your fat 0 points becomes 26 points from your Vice Captain and because De Bruyne didn't play you get another 14 points from the player who came on to take his place. You should've finished the week with ?53 points and instead you got 80. It's utter comedy and is by itself probably enough to make you uncatchable.

14 Points I'm entitled to unless subs don't count anymore when one of your players doesn't play
If you want to call the other 13 points lucky then I won't argue with you
Especially as I didn't even pick Icheanacho as my VC I think he just went in by default when I bought him in

The point Godot is making Steve is that by captaining DeBruyne you must think he's starting. He didn't. Pep gifted you 25 pts at a crucial juncture in our clique league's season by not bringing him on in the 89th minute. When I pick players who don't start, their managers always bring them on in the 89th minute to get 1 measly point. How much did you pay him? Angry

I got 2pts this week for making the same captaining mistake as you, not 25! Angry Well done on another title anyway.

I do understand
despite some of the logic and Maths being a bit flawed

You do all remember this is just a bit of fun though don't you?

Angry

Maths is correct btw, 14pts for Lingard and the extra 13 pts for Ieatnachos is 27 - 2 you'd get for one min of fatso = 25. Morning.

I've noticed a lot of final results this week revolve around Leicester tonight.

Many have captains and vice captains and 2 and 3 players.

It'll be like the Eurovision results board as the match progresses. Nil pwa.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 26th April 2021, 12:26 AM

Certainly is for me, but maybe wouldn't put it as strong as "fun" though - an amusement maybe for me, as I count the cost of failure. :(

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 26th April 2021, 8:05 AM

I've noticed a lot of final results this week revolve around Leicester tonight.

Many have captains and vice captains and 2 and 3 players.

It'll be like the Eurovision results board as the match progresses. Nil pwa.

That's right, rub it in again..Unimpressed

Quote: Ben @ 23rd April 2021, 7:18 PM

FORGOT THE 6PM DEADLINE!

I feel like such a Chappers.

Bad luck Ben. It happened to me earlier in the season and I ended up with more points than I would have. I see you've VC'd a player from the same team as your captain, which is bad luck since that team is Spurs.

I stopped Captaining and VCing from the same team when games were cancelled at the last minute from Covid.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 22nd April 2021, 8:37 PM

Well maybe thinking about it too much doesn't help
But Captain picks and chips are all bullshit distractions and I'd prefer they weren't there.
I'm sure the luck evens itself out, or fortune favours the brave.

But anyone is catchable, I'm just glad to be up there challenging
Leads like mine have been overturned in less than a week many times
as outrageous luck could always be round the corner,

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 25th April 2021, 5:21 PM

14 Points I'm entitled to unless subs don't count anymore when one of your players doesn't play
If you want to call the other 13 points lucky then I won't argue with you
Especially as I didn't even pick Icheanacho as my VC I think he just went in by default when I bought him in

Well, that's the second post you've made in reply to my one post about you captaining De Bruyne, so I guess I must have hurt you.

I'm genuinely sorry about that, no-body wants to be told that 'they don't know what they're doing', whether or not they think it's true. But equally, no-one wants to lose to someone who's putting in so little effort or is so out-of-touch with the teams or game that they would do what you did with De Bruyne. Telling us that you didn't choose Iheanacho as your VC either (you've even spelt his name wrongly) really doesn't make things better! I'm not sure if that is you being passively aggressive or not there.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 26th April 2021, 12:26 AM

I might agree with you if you'd joined my Up the clique league - or anyone other than Kipper and Herc had, but the fact is people here are as petty, competitive and mean-spirited as they seem.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 26th April 2021, 1:06 PM

I might agree with you if you'd joined my Up the creek league - or anyone other than Kipper and Herc had, but the fact is people here are as petty, competitive and mean-spirited as they seem.

Not me - laugh a minute, me. Errr

I didn't see the point in joining a third league with the same players.
If that's counted as mean spirited, I don't see it. Unless I'm missing your tounge in cheek piss taking.
You never can tell.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 26th April 2021, 1:06 PM

Well, that's the second post you've made in reply to my one post about you captaining De Bruyne, so I guess I must have hurt you.

I'm genuinely sorry about that, no-body wants to be told that 'they don't know what they're doing', whether or not they think it's true. But equally, no-one wants to lose to someone who's putting in so little effort or is so out-of-touch with the teams or game that they would do what you did with De Bruyne. Telling us that you didn't choose Iheanacho as your VC either (you've even spelt his name wrongly) really doesn't make things better! I'm not sure if that is you being passively aggressive or not there.

I might agree with you if you'd joined my Up the clique league - or anyone other than Kipper and Herc had, but the fact is people here are as petty, competitive and mean-spirited as they seem.

I don't think I'm being passive aggressive, and I've been through this before on previous occasions when I've been high up the table. so sorry if I find it a bit tiresome
And now suddenly rather than playing or not playing at all De Bruyne should have played for one minute because that's the rules or something

The fact that I prefer to base the game on what actually happens as opposed to what might have or what should have is not the reason that I haven't joined yet another different league with the same players,
I'm already in three leagues and I can't be bothered getting any further into this Multiverse of madness

Yes I agree it's all conjecture, he may have got two minutes. It's FF banter Stephen, you should take it as a compliment that you're winning. Again. :) Who's making the virtual trophy this season?

If I could stick a photo on these days it would be of Jimmy White kissing the Embassy trophy before being done again by Hendry