What are you listening to now? Page 1,458

Rubber Soul??????

Rubber Soul is like Sgt Pepper in that it marked an important step ahead but I prefer the actual songs on the follow-up.

It doesn't seem real now but you couldn't hear music like this daily on BBC radio until 1967,you had to wait until night time to tune in to 208.

Nice,
first picture reminded "tin machine II" album cover.
. Baby is one of my faves universally:

There's a Be My Baby snippet in Lennon's Rock n' Roll sessions with Phil Spectre.
What's mental, makes great music and bonks ghosts? Fill Spectre.

Or Spector even!

You must be a wow at parties.
It wasn't bad (for Mike)

Very nice, but it missed out the best bit(s). Cool And, have a go at the "Spot the Difference" competition. while you listen. :D

Looks like the number 49 to St John's Wood is late in one of them.

I said to Paul McCartney, I really like the second song on Abbey Road. He said, That would be Something.

Quote: john tregorran @ 23rd April 2021, 3:15 AM

Looks like the number 49 to St John's Wood is late in one of them.

The immediate thing I noticed, was that Paul didn't have a fag on. I wonder if he stubbed it out with his foot.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 23rd April 2021, 9:23 AM

The immediate thing I noticed, was that Paul didn't have a fag on. I wonder if he stubbed it out with his foot.

Don't be stupid. He was dead then.

Quote: john tregorran @ 23rd April 2021, 12:18 AM

You must be a wow at parties.

]

Party? What's a party?

I know what you mean.

Whilst wandering about looking for Lords I blundered into Abbey Road.I recognized it but it took a while before I remembered where from.It made my day.I didn't bother going to the cricket.

Quote: john tregorran @ 23rd April 2021, 11:06 PM

I know what you mean.

Whilst wandering about looking for Lords I blundered into Abbey Road.I recognized it but it took a while before I remembered where from.It made my day.I didn't bother going to the cricket.

That's odd, I had a reverse experience to yours - years ago I went to the Lords ground for an Antique's Road Show special sport edition they did for charity(?), which they held in the Long Room, and didn't realise Abbey Road was so close, so missed a trip there. :( Arse.

Mind you, standing in that room, and looking out onto the pitch was quite a moment.

Yes,it must have been.When I lived in London I never knew quite where I was.I never did go to Lords but I did manage the Oval a few times.