BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 77

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 22nd April 2021, 9:12 AM

I don't know about Mourhino, I might be the first Clique manager to be sacked this season.

My back four managed minus 1 point between them.

Sorry Stephen (snigger - no I'm not), but Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

Up to fourth. Rather satisfyingly passing one of the deadbeat league members who never posts but is mysteriously still in.

In the three and a half weeks in which I was sulking over Kipper's BS I see there were a staggering 22 posts. You guys really kept the banter flowing - well done.

Though I have to say I'm not sure there's much point in a forum if Steve's comedy scoring from last week doesn't even get a mention.

For those who missed it (presumably everybody) Steve captained De Bruyne against Villa after he'd played 180 minutes in the previous 7 days (Leicester and Dortmund CL) and then when he unsurprisingly didn't come on against Villa got 14 points off the bench from Lingard and 26 points from his VC, Iheanacho.
So 40 points - forty points! - for basically not knowing what you're doing. The game can't mitigate against that, but people can come on here and apologise for their outrageous luck... :)

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 22nd April 2021, 4:25 PM

............apologise for their outrageous luck... :)

Moi? I'm Top of the Klopps, I'll have you know, mush. Nearly in the Top Ten and never known such heights, this season.

Now, am I right in thinking that as Kane didn't play (despite your optimism, especially after Der Management took on board your suggestion that The Special One should get the boot), does the armband go to the Vice Captain?

Yeah, I was wrong about Kane (nice of you to call it 'optimism').

If you're asking does your TC chip switch to the VC for the second game? The answer is sadly no. It's one of the many anomalies/balls-ups of the FPL game.

No Kane played part of the week

U
Though I have to say I'm not sure there's much point in a forum if Steve's comedy scoring from last week doesn't even get a mention.

For those who missed it (presumably everybody) Steve captained De Bruyne against Villa after he'd played 180 minutes in the previous 7 days (Leicester and Dortmund CL) and then when he unsurprisingly didn't come on against Villa got 14 points off the bench from Lingard and 26 points from his VC, Iheanacho.
So 40 points - forty points! - for basically not knowing what you're doing. The game can't mitigate against that, but people can come on here and apologise for their outrageous luck... :)

Yeah that was fun , although I'd call that having a strong squad with a decent Bench rather than outrageous luck (pretty sure there was another 17pts stuck on the bench as well
Although De Bruyne can f**k off and is now gone from the team

Outrageous luck is when Someone's Goalie makes a penalty save like Kipper had last week

I don't think that's happened to me once in all the years I've played

I've set up a new league called 'Up Shit Clique Without a Paddl'.

The scores are added from GW 2 on. That means anyone joining will see their total minus the first week's score, just like me. That is my solution to the farrago over me starting a week late and rather neatly solves the issue in my opinion. This option was always available so I'm not sure why Kipper didn't propose it.

This is the code to join: 1fzbdf

If everyone joins we should have a situation that makes everyone happy; a league for those who don't give a shit, and a league where I'm not disadvantaged for those who want to virtue signal their hatred of injustice.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 22nd April 2021, 5:20 PM

Yeah that was fun , although I'd call that having a strong squad with a decent Bench rather than outrageous luck (pretty sure there was another 17pts stuck on the bench as well

It's not about getting lucky points off the bench, sure that happens to everyone - it's making a decision that very obviously shows you don't know what you're doing - ie captaining De Bruyne after he played 180 minutes of football against Leicester and Borrusia Dortmund just a few days earlier. There's no way he was going to play against Villa. Instead of getting punished for just making a random decision, your fat 0 points becomes 26 points from your Vice Captain and because De Bruyne didn't play you get another 14 points from the player who came on to take his place. You should've finished the week with ?53 points and instead you got 80. It's utter comedy and is by itself probably enough to make you uncatchable.

Anyone for a breakaway Super League??

What's that? Already suggested?? That's just how my season has gone...

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 22nd April 2021, 6:14 PM

It's not about getting lucky points off the bench, sure that happens to everyone - it's making a decision that very obviously shows you don't know what you're doing - ie captaining De Bruyne after he played 180 minutes of football against Leicester and Borrusia Dortmund just a few days earlier. There's no way he was going to play against Villa. Instead of getting punished for just making a random decision, your fat 0 points becomes 26 points from your Vice Captain and because De Bruyne didn't play you get another 14 points from the player who came on to take his place. You should've finished the week with ?53 points and instead you got 80. It's utter comedy and is by itself probably enough to make you uncatchable.

Well maybe thinking about it too much doesn't help
But Captain picks and chips are all bullshit distractions and I'd prefer they weren't there.
I'm sure the luck evens itself out, or fortune favours the brave.

But anyone is catchable, I'm just glad to be up there challenging
Leads like mine have been overturned in less than a week many times
as outrageous luck could always be round the corner,

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 22nd April 2021, 5:53 PM

I'm in, but guess who is bottom out of the two of us. Laughing out loud

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 22nd April 2021, 9:12 AM

I don't know about Mourhino, I might be the first Clique manager to be sacked this season.

My back four managed minus 1 point between them.

Laughing out loud That's a great marker for the clique league, Stee (have I got that right btw? not very well up on informalities). Can anyone beat it? Morning.

Oh I noticed it alright, I only didn't mention it because I was speechless at his already infamous jamminess which again couldn't've been better timed for his usual late season dash for the line. It crossed my mind he did a Gerry and intentionally put him in, knowing he wouldn't play just to make it worse for us. Pirate

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 22nd April 2021, 6:14 PM

You should've finished the week with ?53 points and instead you got 80. It's utter comedy and is by itself probably enough to make you uncatchable.

Yes rub it in why don't you. Angry

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 22nd April 2021, 8:37 PM

But Captain picks and chips are all bullshit distractions and I'd prefer they weren't there.

Rolling eyes Which joke comp are you entering this one in?

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 22nd April 2021, 5:53 PM

The scores are added from GW 2 on. That means anyone joining will see their total minus the first week's score, just like me. That is my solution to the farrago over me starting a week late and rather neatly solves the issue in my opinion. This option was always available so I'm not sure why Kipper didn't propose it.

The answer to why I didn't is Because it's inherently unfair to those who did their pre season scouting well and got a lot more points, like Billy and Ben.

This is a sporting league, under my chairmanship at least.

Let's see, I could be on winner here.

1965 minus 1662 = 303 divided by 6, is around 50 points, so if I can make 50 plus mega points each week (Let's face it, I am on a roll at the moment) by the end of the season, I could at least shove Godot into third place, and if I try really hard knock Alf off his perch.

Shhhh! (Let's hope that bloody Holford doesn't join - tee hee)

FORGOT THE 6PM DEADLINE!

I feel like such a Chappers.