What are you listening to now? Page 1,457

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 11th April 2021, 12:56 PM

Plastic Ono Band gets the Deluxe treatment. It's exciting but I'll wait for someone to drop it on YouTube rather than line Yoko's pockets. He has a higher oldie to newbie discrepancy than Joy Division.
I think Joy Division are total shit.

All these Deluxe Treatments are a ridiculous con. 50 CDs of remixes with rehearsals, demoes and run throughs.

Being a completist became pointless with the endless rehashes and beyond pointless with the free for all of YouTube.

How cool is that..................I wonder if the bass player drifts off and thinks to himself "Shit! I'm playing with The Stones!" I know I would. :D

That was in 1995 so he'd been with them 2 years.Yes,still starstruck I expect.:)

Brief glimpse of Cathy McGowan in this.

Quote: john tregorran @ 17th April 2021, 3:41 AM

Brief glimpse of Cathy McGowan in this.

Lovey The thinking man's totty - way out of my league then.

Certainly not listening to it - this total flop from Cher I came across, which she recorded as a 17 year old called Bonnie Jo Mason in 1964, and for the life of me, now cannot remember where, BUT thought Mr Monkhouse might appreciate it. :D

Who's the most generous singer? Cher.

I read about that in https://www.lafeltrinelli.it/libri/franco-zanetti/libro-piu-bianco-beatles-storia/9788809880368?utm_source=kelkoo.it&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=comparatore&utm_term=&awc=9507_1618761804_be98a7a43573e4b84f3b1f8112b0ad68&kk=a4c6361-178e5b8e8b3-cd6e0 . They had more fans than me.

Awesome band. I saw them live at Atlantico a few years back.

Just listening to Blood Sweat and Tears greatest hits. A tremendous band.

Also just listened the album The Beatles (AKA the White album) in its entirety for the first time. There were some real classics on there but they also got away with some real crap at times.

I love all the White Album. Its all-over-the-placeness is part of the thrill after the overly glossy Pepper.

Me too,it's mostly very good.It's their album I listened to the most.

The clash - guns of Brixton

It's always been Revolver, the White Album and Abbey Road for me. And of course Spiceworld.