The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 713

You have to feel for these owners of the six top teams in the Prem.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 20th November 2019, 10:21 AM

Can't help thinking it's all going to end in tears at White Hart Lane...

Wave

Absolutely despicable behaviour by the "big six" and their quest to be part of the Super League. It's a brand of greed so suffocating that it will choke the life out of the football pyramid. Regardless of whether it's just posturing to extort more money out of Fifa (or a genuine move to breakaway) all the clubs involved have left an indelible stain on their history. Gordon Gekko and his mantra of "greed is good" has nothing on this lot.

I fear the Rubicon has been crossed as far as Man U are concerned they are on the stock market and have signed a letter of intent so shares have traded on that stance.
This can and must be beaten or these clubs will be relocated to places like Dubai in ten years as they play the equivalent of a Charity Shield game once a week with VAR to prevent inter club litigation. And with no relegation and all being viewed on 6inch screens of mobile phones for pound .

As American sports teams get moved routinely from State to State who would be surprised if the owners of Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal relocated their teams to the USA?

It all started to go wrong when Man U ditched the FA cup for a season
after that everyone knew none of it really meant that much apart from money

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 19th April 2021, 8:19 PM

It all started to go wrong when Man U ditched the FA cup for a season
after that everyone knew none of it really meant that much apart from money

Everything is Manchester United's fault!

A Labour MP of all things made a great point in Parliament when she said something to the tune of 'It takes more paperwork to change a window in a listed building than it does to take away massive section of working class culture' I thought it was very apt .

Leeds United players all wore T shirts before the game with Liverpool saying earn your place in the champions league

Saw that , nice gesture. They will deffo have them on again at Man U .

Gary Neville needs to be careful Roman could ring Vlad and have the Novichok Mob sent over.
'Operation Fly in the ointment'

I remember a time when you always watched football for free.
The various TV channels put in bids to show games and the highest won and showed the match live.

Then Sky stepped in and upped the price way beyond what the other channels could afford.
That was all about the money too.

Just one live match a week though.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 20th April 2021, 8:10 AM

I remember a time when you always watched football for free.
The various TV channels put in bids to show games and the highest won and showed the match live.

Then Sky stepped in and upped the price way beyond what the other channels could afford.
That was all about the money too.

Sky, started by that bastard Murdoch. are like the big footy team owners - money grubbing bastards.

By the way............still waiting for you to comment on my FPL post. :D

I remember when the only live match each season was the FA Cup Final. Yes, Sky charge what might appear to be a lot of money but, if you wanted to attend just one game per week, it would cost just as much. And you can watch far more games on Sky than you could ever attend - or afford to attend. You pays your money and you takes your choice...

Mind you when I used to go to White Hart Lane in the sixties, it cost 1/6 for "boys" on the terraces.