What are you listening to now? Page 1,456

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MbewQpoo1XI

My flatmate Bruce Springsteen always tells me what to do. I said Fine, you're the boss.

Madam George by Van Morrison ideal for a sunny day with the windows open.

Bob Marley - exodus (album)

I don't like Bob Marley's music, but he used to smoke his body weight in weed and then do a complete gig. Respect.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 2nd April 2021, 5:07 PM

I don't like Bob Marley's music, but he used to smoke his body weight in weed and then do a complete gig. Respect.

And he still performed live - two days after him and his wife were shot by 7 assassins

The balls on this guy..

Geri Halliwell, Look At Me. it's not bad, but I feel it loses the pathos of Lennon's original.

Meet David sedaris

Theft by finding,I've always tried to live by those principles.

A history lesson

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 31st March 2021, 8:23 PM

I never fathomed the mystique around Sgt Pepper. A handful of classics (Lucy, Leaving Home, Day...) but Paul is pretty twee, Mr kite is probably my least favourite Lennon vocal and George's moment is so boring he needed a laff at the end. first concept album? Bolox.

Exactly. I can't understand the "concept" after "With a little help from my friends."

The loose concept is that it's not the Beatles

It's an album of songs performed by Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

And it was ground breaking in certain ways

They used a lot of techniques not tried before making the music

First album with lyrics to the songs in the sleeve

Etc

In the cold light of day years later though , half of the album is pretty dull and uninspiring

Lennon himself rubbished the, um, concept of concept albums. It's a fine elpee by anyone else's standards, but it's always topping those Best / Most Important Albums Ever lists, which escapes me.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 2nd April 2021, 6:48 PM

Geri Halliwell, Look At Me. it's not bad, but I feel it loses the pathos of Lennon's original.

It was the same when Russ Abbott covered Joy Division's Atmosphere.

Siouxsie and the banshees - join hands

Siouxsie is awesome. Thank f**k some women didn't take the Madonna route.
I just read, 'Madonna's music speaks to me.' It speaks to me too. It says, This is total and utter f**king shit.

Plastic Ono Band gets the Deluxe treatment. It's exciting but I'll wait for someone to drop it on YouTube rather than line Yoko's pockets. He has a higher oldie to newbie discrepancy than Joy Division.
I think Joy Division are total shit.