What is your favourite foreign film? Page 2

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 31st March 2021, 3:19 PM

You've obviously never crossed a Scouser :P
Which is a shock as we are very easily crossed apparently :P

Never mind crossed a Scouser, I've never knowingly met a Scouser!

Amarcord, Fellini.

8 ½ is my favourite.
One day someone one will explain to me why he insisted on post-syncing his film.
(Actually, people have explained - it's just that I wasn't convinced)

There's a fantastic 90-minuter struggling to get out of 8 1/2. Too long as it is.
Bergman, Persona, Cries and Whispers, The Silence. With covid we need a laugh.

The Dish

It's Australian so that's quite foreign isn't it?

Saying you enjoyed Fellini's eight and a half would always provoke unseemly sniggers.

Fellini in Italy is like Dickens in the UK. People say he's awesome but you can't actually sit through the boring shit.

Quote: john tregorran @ 1st April 2021, 8:56 PM

The Dish

It's Australian so that's quite foreign isn't it?

You can't beat the Hawaii 5-0 theme moment.

'The Cosmopolitan' a North Korean produced crime caper in which a chicken farmer named Dao Dao is accused of being aloof by his fellow villagers after he finds a working pen and walks around with it in his shirt pocket.
Word of this working pen soon reaches the capital Pyongyang and the desk of Kim Jong -un who orders his arrest and as such Dao Dao is thrown into a cell with no explanation.
As darkness falls King Jong -uns face appears at the hatch in the cell door and the chicken farmer pleads for his life with the Supreme Leader offering the pen as a sign of loyalty. King Jong-un takes the pen and tells the man that he can leave first thing in the morning.
The following day the cell is not opened but the hatch is down and the Chicken Farmer puts his head out of the door and sees an long corridor of cells and a uniformed man at the end of it sitting at a table so he shouts "It's Dao, Dao , daylights come and I want to go home.