Stop Press Girl (1949)

I watched this for 20 minutes and gave up, as it was bloody boring; but then looking it up on the IMDb I noticed it had a number of "stars" in it and generally had good ratings, with two 10/10, so decided to give it another look.
But no it was still f**king boring - I've no idea what those people saw in this load of tosh.

Girl stops any machinery working she encounters, from a wristwatch to a steam engine and all sorts of machinery in between. NO explanation given as to why, and she is only "cured" when she falls in love, and that's another thing it falls down on. The first "leading" man is one Nigel Buchanan, who only made 7 films, this being his last and why am I not surprised. The second was totally miscast Gordon Jackson...........err, in a romantic lead? I think not - farcical. I've seen him in a number of films now and he's been excellent, but as a matinee idol, no way.

The girl was pretty Sally Ann Howes, who apparently is still alive, aged 91, and the other people of note, were the sort of film double act Basil Radford and Naunton Wayne in their last foray together who played every affected pair of men by the curse of this girl with the power - bus drivers, train drivers, watch makers etc. etc.

Other people in the film are James Robertson Justice as his usual irascible self, playing a grumpy dentist father of the girl, with minor parts for Kenneth More, Michael Balfour (crook, natch), and uncredited Arthur Lowe, William Mervyn (first time I've seen him in a film!) and ITMA Sam Kydd.

Hour and a half seemed more like two hours. Crap idea, people miscast - one to miss.