Saucy seaside postcards Page 9

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 23rd March 2021, 5:52 AM

Old joke.........but a good one. I seem to remember a variant of one of the Punch cartoons I used to post

I heard a (very slight) variant on this somewhere recently. An excerpt of a Ken Dodd performance or similar, I feel. Wish I could remember what as it was really quite fabulously delivered!

Quote: Aaron @ 27th March 2021, 12:14 AM

I heard a (very slight) variant on this somewhere recently. An excerpt of a Ken Dodd performance or similar, I feel. Wish I could remember what as it was really quite fabulously delivered!

Your right, but lost in the mists of time for me. I am old you see. :D

From a sketch on ISIRTA many years go, audio cassettes now sadly long gone as is the premise of the sketch ...

John Cleese in character "Over at the back I can see Rudyard Kipling ....... stop it, you'll go blind"

Quote: fasty @ 27th March 2021, 10:01 AM

From a sketch on ISIRTA many years go, audio cassettes now sadly long gone as is the premise of the sketch ...

John Cleese in character "Over at the back I can see Rudyard Kipling ....... stop it, you'll go blind"

:D...................Wasn't it you had the Flag Hippo avatar? What happened to it, or have I got the wrong person.................

Just finished recording a load of ISIRTA off of R4 Extra - still very funny in my eyes/ears.

Guilty m'lud Wave

I had several tapes of ISIRTA home recorded off my modular Dixons stereo units, lost the lot during a move Angry Sight and Sounds in Concert too, I guess they are all out there somewhere. RadioArchive was a great source if one is allowed to use the 'T' word.

:) Ahh, there he is. What a memory I have, and now all's right with the world.

I'm old enough to have listened and recorded ISIRTA when they first went out and have quite a lot of them on reel to reel (somewhere) as well as cassettes. I remember when I was first married hearing it one lunchtime in our flat and thinking this sounds good! I wonder who they are? Never looked back, SO funny.

Mr Hampton lol

Snogmoor lol

If ever there was an idea for a "Carry On" film.....................

And he could have said."Be careful or you'll have somebody's eye out with those !"

Quote: john tregorran @ 28th March 2021, 8:39 PM

And he could have said."Be careful or you'll have somebody's eye out with those !"

Yes, they were a bit pert.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 23rd March 2021, 5:52 AM

Old joke.........but a good one. I seem to remember a variant of one of the Punch cartoons I used to post

You mean the thread that got deleted and made you flounce for a few months.

What makes you think you can post a copyright images with the artist signature and think you are above any copyright laws?

Maybe you should research the Donald McGill Museum but I'm sure you have.