Waiting For God Page 2

Yes, I think it is a good sitcom too. Nice to see it getting reshown on TV again.

Quote: G180e @ 18th February 2014, 4:08 PM GMT

Yes, I think it is a good sitcom too. Nice to see it getting reshown on TV again.

Happy for those that get to see it on TV. I gave up on the local PBS affiliate, and the complete DVD set is expensive. So I diligently downloaded every episode in MP4 format and now can watch the many episodes I have never seen, at my leisure.

Yes, the format is horrible quality in full screen but not bad at all if you keep it to the size of a small tablet. Fortunately, IMO, the content more than makes up for the low quality video. The script is far more important than the scenery anyway.

Especially if it's the only way you're going to see them. :$

Quote: faceless @ 18th February 2014, 12:27 AM GMT

The plots are fairly timeless and Stephanie Cole is brilliant. Lovely stuff.

She always seems to play old women but never looks a day older.

Quote: Chappers @ 18th February 2014, 8:58 PM GMT

She always seems to play old women but never looks a day older.

I thought she was wonderful in Doc Martin, and again, playing an older woman but looked better than ever.

I see that there is a stage show of this starting soon starring Roy Hudd and Nichola McAuliffe as the two main characters.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/uk-regional/article/Roy-Hudd-and-Nichola-McAuliffe-to-Star-in-WAITING-FOR-GOD-UK-Tour-20170215#

I've just seen a review of the stage play and it seems that Jeffrey Holland has replaced Roy Hudd.

Anyone know why?

Quote: Chappers @ 14th May 2017, 9:45 PM

I've just seen a review of the stage play and it seems that Jeffrey Holland has replaced Roy Hudd.

Anyone know why?

Doctor's orders.

I'm planning to go to see it at Poole in June.

Just love love love this show.

Stephanie Cole was only 48 at the start of filming!

Quote: billzeebub @ 16th August 2017, 9:49 AM

Stephanie Cole was only 48 at the start of filming!

So I've heard. She's always been older than me (!) so I've always thought of her as being old.

I really low how different Tom and Diana is. Tom is bonkers and very eccentric, while Diana is cynical and miserable. So it makes it very interesting to watch their personalities together and their friendship begin to develop. I love how Diana cares for Tom in the episode where he becomes ill and he talks about dying! Diana does definitely care about Tom, she doesn't show it much but she does! She doesn't care for people much usually! Chemistry between Tom and Diana is brilliant! I love the pairing and the mischief they get up too! A huge delight to watch! The one liners from Diana in the series is brilliant!

Marion is a horrible character, she is a horrible woman and hates Tom and only wants his money, and his possessions so when Tom passes, she will leave Geoffrey with his money. Marion is an awful person.

Anyone else think Marion and Harvey would be a good couple? Ideally suited for each other?

Also love how Jane sucks up to Harvey it's great to see! Also love Harvey's goal to get Diana out of Bayview so he can run it as a profit again. I do feel sorry for Jane at times as she does really like Harvey, I can't see why he seems a bit of a hot headed idiot, Harvey doesn't repay the same feelings back to Jane. I also love how Harvey messes Tom's name up and calls him Dan, find it funny and once a new resident Daisy comes he calls her Rose.

I also love about the show how there is continuity in the show as like the helicopter episode where they went up in the helicopter, was the ending of the episode before and the whole Daisy thing and Diana with the partition is over a few episodes and continue and the mention of the residents association as well. Nice touch.

One of my favourite episodes is the one where Diana takes her niece's red Porsche and she takes Tom for a ride in it and Harvey gets threatened with wasting police time! Also loved when Diana recalled war time memories! Very touching! Also like the episode where he sacks Jane and brings in Greta, a stern women with different ideas about looking after old people, and Tom cons Harvey into making him into head of the residents associations as well! Very very funny episode! Also love the time where Tom and Diane perform a pantomine type of act to prove that they aren't mentally incompetent. Also love the episodes where Daisy comes into the home and takes over with her ideas and threatening to sack all of the staff and she met her match with Diana as they was strong females and outspoken as well!

Overall a Brilliant show.

Beginning a re-run on Drama at 5.25 tonight (or, if you want to watch the last two races at Ascot, at 6.25 on Drama +1).

Decisions, decisions...................