I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,280

Quote: chipolata @ 23rd March 2021, 5:23 PM

Who makes you feel ashamed? Give actual examples of this happening.

Where have you been living for the last thirty odd years?

Lefties, right-on wokes ... the list goes on.

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd March 2021, 4:41 PM

Have you never been to a European country on their national day?

Yes.
And they don't have them hanging in their front rooms.
Next.

Quote: chipolata @ 23rd March 2021, 5:23 PM

Who makes you feel ashamed? Give actual examples of this happening.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1050167/margaret-thatcher-Somerville-College-union-jack-ban-colonialist-queen-birthday

A perfect example.

It's all relative though, isn't it?

I think it's a great flag - love to see it on the vest of a gold-winning athlete.
I just think people demanding it be displayed is not particularly, dare I say it, British.

Little known fact
The flag is not actually called the Union jack. Jack was actually the name of the monster

It used to be that it was only called the Union Jack when flown on anything connected to the Navy - everywhere else it should be called just the Union Flag.

And even in the Navy, I think it is only called the Union Jack when it is on the Jackstaff.

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd March 2021, 5:48 PM

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1050167/margaret-thatcher-Somerville-College-union-jack-ban-colonialist-queen-birthday

That's democracy. People are allowed to say and believe things we don't. And I've got to say, over-sensitivity to criticism of the flag does make you a bit of a snowflake. And wanting to silence people who criticise it makes you a believer in cancel culture. It's almost like you're just the same as the people you're criticising, Chappers!

Quote: Firkin @ 23rd March 2021, 10:21 AM

Conservative MPs feel threatened by the BBC because it's entertaining, factual and has a hart, all alien concepts to the Cons.

The Tories who endlessly bleat about the BBC don't actually want to do anything about it, despite having a majority and the power. They much prefer keeping it as a whipping boy to rally their base with.

Hooray for justice , our Mayor Big Joe aka Chippy Tits has been released from his bail and hopes to clear his name as well as his plate.
Meanwhile Jenrick the robbing Tory bastard that is yet to be held to account for his own misdealing in office is now overseeing alleged misdealing in a city that has never voted Tory and never will.

Quote: chipolata @ 24th March 2021, 9:39 AM

That's democracy. People are allowed to say and believe things we don't. And I've got to say, over-sensitivity to criticism of the flag does make you a bit of a snowflake. And wanting to silence people who criticise it makes you a believer in cancel culture. It's almost like you're just the same as the people you're criticising, Chappers!

Angelic

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 24th March 2021, 11:17 AM

a city that has never voted Tory and never will.

What about John Willox 1900, John Harmood Banner 1905, Frank Hornby 1931 and this was in Everton alone.

They're all dead Chappers, let that be a warning...

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 24th March 2021, 11:17 AM

Hooray for justice , our Mayor Big Joe aka Chippy Tits has been released from his bail ...

I wonder why the Police called it "Operation Aloft" when investigating the bald major ?

In a bizarre move I see Alex salmond has started his own political party - named after the shittest brand of TVs and DVD players in the world

From the Telegraph, Today:-

"Social services have launched a review after a toddler died when she was left alone for almost a week as her mother celebrated her 18th birthday.

Verphy Kudi walked out on her 20-month-old daughter, Asiah, on the day she turned 18, partying across the country for six days while the child starved to death. On Friday, Kudi, now 19, admitted manslaughter.

Brighton and Hove Council has announced a review into Asiah's death.

CCTV showed that Kudi left her flat in Brighton on Dec 5, 2019, and did not return until Dec 11, when she dialled 999 and told the call handler her baby would not wake up.

Data gathered by Sussex Police showed she had been at parties in London, Coventry and Solihull before returning to Brighton. She admitted the manslaughter of her daughter between Dec 4 and 12.

In the six days for which Asiah was left alone, she starved, dehydrated and contracted influenza. She was pronounced dead on arrival at the Royal Alexandra Children's Hospital in Brighton on Dec 11. A post-mortem concluded that she died from neglect."

Unlike me but I'm lost for words.