What are you listening to now? Page 1,452

Pink Floyd and Dire straits are two bands who may be technically ''''''''''good'''''''''' but bore the crap out of me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPUeB2ZqQU

What do you call a cross between The Clash and One Direction? Green Day. They're shit.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 19th March 2021, 6:51 PM

What do you call a cross between The Clash and One Direction? Green Day. They're shit.

And Deja Vu is an album by Crosby, Stills and Nash.

That's shit too.
I believe in deja vu. Yesterday I thought about the Spice Girls and got a boner. I thought, I'm sure this has happened before.

Tears for fears

Everybody wants to rule the world
Shout
Head over Heals

Perfect pop

I think they owe the Beatles a few quid.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 20th March 2021, 8:11 AM

I think they owe the Beatles a few quid.

Possibly

Them and about 8,506 other bands

Yes. They owe them and about 8,506 other bands.

Ha!

one from A hard day's night:

and Help

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_Mw2tTgnwQ

Joni Mitchell - Court & Spark
Pretty well flawless.

The other slightly earlier hit from The Ventures

Smiley smile by the Beach Boys. Some brilliant songs but a few strange studio experiments.

Peter Hook's 'Substance' Listening Party
The key song for me was Ceremony, because we used new technology and escaped the shadow of Ian.
The other key song for me was Everything's Gone Green because we used new technology and escaped the shadow of Ian.
The only other key song for me was Temptation. We were using new technology and escaping the shadow of Ian.
Then there was Blue Monday! It was a key song for me. I don't know why - I guess because we used new technology in it. And escaped the shadow of Ian.
And of course Confusion. I'd call that our one key song. Why? Well, we were using new technology. And escaping the shadow of Ian!
Thieves Like Us? Definitely a key track. For me. As we used new technology and escaped the shadow of Ian.
I call The Perfect Kiss our other key track. Because, you see, we were using new technology... and escaping the shadow of Ian.
Subculture? A key track. I'm not sure why, but we did use new technology in it. And escaped the shadow of Ian.
The next track is Shellshock. What can I say? Key song! We used new technology on that one - and escaped the shadow of Ian.
State of the Nation is a key song for me. Why? I suppose because we used new technology and escaped the shadow of Ian.
And what can I say about Bizarre Love traiangle? Nothing - excpet that it really is a key song. We were using new technology and escaping the shadow of Ian.
And finally, True Faith. Key! Because we used new technology in it. And escaped the shadow of Ian.
Next week: Technique. Peter describes Technique as a key album. Tune in to find out why.