Things that piss you off Page 1,804

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 22nd March 2021, 8:16 PM

Why do all Elvis impersonators only cover his later years? ...

Midlife crisis ?
They've become too fat to strip to get equity membership ?
He was too good looking when he was younger ?
I really don't think I should have to justify myself to you Teddy !

Quote: Chappers @ 22nd March 2021, 8:56 PM

I do remember a Father Ted episode where the three ages of Elvis were represented though.

Yes, and I've seen plenty of impersonators covering all stages of his life.

The expression 'no punching down.' Usually from comediennes who've just ripped the shit out of men.

Taskmaster gets on my nerves its like Jackass for middle class middle aged tits. We mocked the Japanese for stuff like this in the 70's .

Middle class Jackass sounds good:
How many flax and chia seeds can you get on a Waitrose bagle ?
How many olives can you fit up your Corgi's arse ?

Elvis was pissed off when I accused him of misforming past participles. He said, I'm all shook up.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 23rd March 2021, 8:57 AM

Taskmaster gets on my nerves its like Jackass for middle class middle aged tits. We mocked the Japanese for stuff like this in the 70's .

I don't bother watching it but Endurance (that Japanese show Clive James couldn't believe) is more like I'm a Celebrity.

The way people insist on pronouncing it Amerz-ON.

It's bloody Amazern.

I know because I'm right.

Can somebody teach everyone who appears on TV and radio how to pronounce "TH" properly?

Also the letter "G" at the end of several English words such Running, Talking, Playing etc. is supposed to be pronounced. It's not a silent "G".

Quote: EllieS @ 30th March 2021, 1:59 PM

Anything from that 'My London' website or magazine or whatever it is. Privileged Gen Z-ers reviewing classic comedy 20, 30, 40 years too late and telling us they hated it or writing an audio description of it as if no one has ever watched it before. If I knew these people in person, I'd probably make the effort of making a very elaborate, realistic - but unmistakably sarcastic - certificate on Word and printing it out for them, gold stars and all. Or just the classic slow clap. No offence to any Gen Z-ers on here, or indeed if any of you work for that publication, but... C'mon.

You should have posted a link, I'm intrigued enough to read one now.

Quote: EllieS @ 30th March 2021, 7:26 PM

Today's gem: https://www.mylondon.news/news/news-opinion/i-watched-fawlty-towers-first-20274490

The guy's comment underneath says it all.

The one where someone is talking about why the American Office is better than the British one (you know, the original), which they've deigned to watch for the first time ever is equally sanctimonious and vapid.

:D
Fair enough! It did look like it took all of three minutes to write. Although I'm impressed Gen Zedders have even heard of Fawlty Towers or The Office since an awful lot of the ones I know have never heard of either.

I hate Americanisms. I've avoided them since I was in dypers.

When social media websites send emails to remind me of my brother's birthday. He died in 2016. :(

My mother in law was a waaf in ww2 and an active member of the rafa institution all her life.
Despite being told several times, they still send her annual reports and begging letters.
She died 20 years ago

I'm so f**ked off with all these f**king multinational industry f**kers who f**k the planet the other 364 f**king days and then gush, 'Today is Earth Day. Treat her Better!' It's like Jack the Ripper going, 'I say NO to violence against women.' Go f**k yourselves, you sanctimonious f**king hypocritical eighteen-faced f**king f**kers.