I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,279

He was no trot he was in it to win it and he doesn't care who sides he is on as long as its lucrative.

Bristol is looking lively tonight looks like the plod have a got a full blown riot on their hands.

Quote: john tregorran @ 20th March 2021, 9:18 PM

If you think you are having a bad day.

"Devastated couple's home floats away on their wedding day in NSW floods" https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-21/nsw-weather-event-sweeps-away-couples-home-on-wedding-day/13264610

STRUTH!

Some nutty MP moaning that there aren't enough Union flags in the BBC's Annual Report. https://twitter.com/jamesowild/status/1374052717841223683?s=20 Twat.
The BBC does more to raise the profile of this country around the world than any piece of cloth.

Conservative MPs feel threatened by the BBC because it's entertaining, factual and has a hart, all alien concepts to the Cons.

Always been the case.
But this flag thing is going mental.

Waving the flag worked so well during Brexit, I guess they're still doing it. What gets me is these flag wavers then bash British companies (BBC) that do our economy no end of good and then brag about their Aldi bargains. Buy British rather than wave the flag.

The Union flag will soon be committed to history and we will go back to the flag of St George once Scotland Wales and Ireland become independent countries.
After that I have no idea what they will use once the northern cities demand their own independence and London is left like Rome with the M25 as its walls and the Home counties as its buffer zone against incursion.
The British Empire has crumbled long since and I suspect that in less than 60 years we will be a collection of cities and regions inside the EU.

The thing is we're made to feel ashamed of our National flag but other countries wave theirs at every opportunity. (Flags that is!)

I have to say the Union Jack is the best looking flag of them all, it really is. Although I may be bias. Most other flags look like the country has been lumbered with them, yet ours has burst of colour displayed in a more distinct manner. But then we are a country know for Arts and innovation.

The thing is, I don't want to be forced to have one hanging in my front room to prove my loyalty.
The Germans tried that a few years back.

Quote: Lazzard @ 23rd March 2021, 4:10 PM

The thing is, I don't want to be forced to have one hanging in my front room to prove my loyalty.
The Germans tried that a few years back.

Have you never been to a European country on their national day?

That's the issue, those grubby St George flags hanging from the bedroom window of a council flat have given flag flying a different connotation in this country. The Union Jack is far more colourful and it hides the dirt better, done with a well built flag poll and a small cannon, much classier.

Can't beat a blue one with lots of yellow stars in a circle eh.
So pretty.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 23rd March 2021, 5:16 PM

Can't beat a blue one with lots of yellow stars in a circle eh.
So pretty.

How many stars? Have they removed one recently?

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd March 2021, 3:34 PM

The thing is we're made to feel ashamed of our National flag but other countries wave theirs at every opportunity. (Flags that is!)

Who makes you feel ashamed? Give actual examples of this happening.