BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 73

I think Don has a persona on here he tries to stick to (there's a clue to that, I think, in the return of his avatar). It's harder to keep to that if you post regularly. A bit of needle here and there isn't amiss in a football contest though. Hoping next season his playing can match his banter as in past seasons.

Tricky little GW this one, haven't played it brilliantly, moving Raphina onto the bench but as Ben said, that chip came in handy, especially when others have taken points hits on it. Not over yet though, if Kane shows up again then I'm back in Steve's slipstream. And possibly Anton's as he's got a full team out with no hits. Title's still there for anyone in the top 6 or 7 but you'll need Anton and Steve to put a foot wrong somewhere, I have no form for the big finish. Morning.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 20th March 2021, 8:48 PM

Looks like Kipper the Chipper is going back in front tonight

I put extra salt n vinegar on it just for you.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 21st March 2021, 11:16 AM

I think Don has a persona on here he tries to stick to (there's a clue to that, I think, in the return of his avatar). It's harder to keep to that if you post regularly.

Unless your persona is someone who doesn't post, that doesn't follow at all.

A bit of needle here and there isn't amiss in a football contest though.

I'm not objecting to the needle, I can take it, it's just the perverseness of it. There are plenty more people deserving of lip than me on here. And I don't see why Don can't do better than a Christmas and Easter message like the Pope.

Title's still there for anyone in the top 6 or 7 but you'll need Anton and Steve to put a foot wrong somewhere, I have no form for the big finish. Morning.

This season is more of a lottery than usual.

The real problem I think is there aren't going to be a lot of points available in the remaining games. Without goals you can't catch up.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 21st March 2021, 11:31 AM

I'm not objecting to the needle, I can take it, it's just the perverseness of it. There are plenty more people deserving of lip than me and here. And I don't see why Don can't do better than a Christmas and Easter message like the Pope.

I could be wrong but I think it's his chosen persona for this site, like the one you adopt sometimes, and me. Only he doesn't like to let his drop. It's near impossible to keep in character if you post a lot, like me.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 21st March 2021, 11:31 AM

The real problem I think is there aren't going to be a lot of points available in the remaining games. Without goals you can't catch up.

I've an inkling some PL teams are tiring now and there could be more goals about in the run in. There's a handful of teams who score freely when they're not overplayed. With a few of the leading goalscorers it's hit and miss because they aren't rested enough. With Man City scorers it's hit and miss because you never know when Pep's resting them.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 21st March 2021, 11:57 AM

I could be wrong but I think it's his chosen persona for this site, like the one you adopt sometimes, and me.

If it's a persona, f**k knows what the characteristics are.

I wasn't aware you had a persona either.

It took me a while to put on Godot's mohican, John Lennon glasses and army surplus jacket but I'm there now.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 21st March 2021, 11:57 AM

I've an inkling some PL teams are tiring now and there could be more goals about in the run in. There's a handful of teams who score freely when they're not overplayed. With a few of the leading goalscorers it's hit and miss because they aren't rested enough. With Man City scorers it's hit and miss because you never know when Pep's resting them.

I don't think there's much chance of big scorers going under the radar. Differentials aren't really working. I've had a few disallowed goals from Diagne, but so far he hasn't been a shrewder choice than Watkins or Bamford.

Quote: Ben @ 20th March 2021, 11:30 AM

He has, I've been told, become convinced that Lallana will score several hat tricks and this result will kickstart a resurgence not seen since Chappers had his hair transplant.

Has Chappers had a hair transplant?

A shame if he has. He was the consummate bald man. The slaphead's slaphead.

I thought he had a wonderful head of hair
Well he does now anyway for sure

League Announcement:
It has been formally decided that member Godot Taxis be awarded the FPL GW1 average of 50pts.
Whatever the circumstances of his late arrival actually were, one other, currently in 2nd arrived here much later and with a ready made total from GW1. Two others, currently 3rd and 4th were let off penalties for lack of posting as per the league community convention, so protestations made earlier from the 2nd placed player are to be disregarded for the reason mentioned above.

He and two other members got their way on no penalties or table changes for the two miscreants mentioned. Therefore it is only just for two unfortunate members who have added to the league community to have their points 'reinstated'. Due to time constraints there will be no appeals process. I am satisfied a nagging wrong has now been righted and we can all continue in fierce but fair competition.

GT's 50pts points plus Playfull Perry's 100pts are to be added on to their totals after the end of this GW. Can I please ask one of our members to post the modified points table sometime during the International break. And for his past prowess with reconstructing tables, I propose Stephen G for this task, unless he doesn't want to do it.

This ends this announcement. Any questions, f**k off. Thank you.

Oh, you mean when I put myself top, I remember.
Of course I'll do it.

Thanks Stephen. Matter resolved and there's still a quarter of the season to go for all contenders for the title. Any later for this change I don't think would have been fair on the current leaders, any earlier and it may have given Godot an unfair advantage with chips in hand, so I think the timing's about right. And he didn't know about it, he's made a fair fist of catching up thinking that was it. Even though he's moaned a bit. We've got to have our fun eh.

Horseradish I missed you that much I read your second (shorter post ) in it's entirety

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 21st March 2021, 5:50 PM

Thanks Stephen. Matter resolved and there's still a quarter of the season to go for all contenders for the title. Any later for this change I don't think would have been fair on the current leaders, have our fun eh.

Just as you go into the lead, funny that, The I'm alright Jack culture that has brought this country to the brink.
Well I look forward to seeing the new table, Is Don doing it?

If Gerry wasn't so far ahead I'd consider defecting back to the proper original league or one of them anyway

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 21st March 2021, 4:53 PM

League Announcement:
It has been formally decided that member Godot Taxis be awarded the FPL GW1 average of 50pts.

Right, now I am really f**king angry.

You let me write 500 words about this on page 60 of this thread and called me a drama queen and now you pull this bullshit out of your arse? The 'FPL GW1 average of 50pts.'? After I said I would accept the CLIQUE average score for GW1 - which is 59pts (827 divided by 14) and you said it 'wasn't a unilateral decision'. F**k off.

There is no way of knowing what score I would have got if I'd played GW1 but I would have got more than 50pts because I would have captained Salah and that alone was worth 40 points. My GW1 score would likely have been North of 75pts, but we can't know so you can't give me those points. I offered you 2 other options and you rejected them.

Now that you think you're far enough ahead of me that I can't catch you suddenly want to 'right a wrong'? You absolute f**king c**t.

Any later for this change I don't think would have been fair on the current leaders, any earlier and it may have given Godot an unfair advantage with chips in hand.

How can it have given me an unfair advantage you twat? If it's redressing the imbalance of the score? You delaying telling me as given everyone else an advantage as I have used two of my chips and my second wildcard which I might not have done if the scores had been different. And since you knew you were going to add the points and nobody else did - it's given you a further advantage over everyone else.

so I think the timing's about right.

Well I don't. You can get f**ked.

I'll let you know what's happening my end tomorrow, but I don't accept the fifty points, so forget about that.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 21st March 2021, 10:59 PM

Right, now I am really f**king angry.

I'll let you know what's happening my end tomorrow, but I don't accept the fifty points, so forget about that.

I'll take em
If not give them to Goodlad

Quote: A Horseradish @ 21st March 2021, 6:07 PM

Sorry I haven't written extensively for quite a while.......................

Nothing to be sorry about and yes, you haven't written extensively for quite a while, have you. Sleepy

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 21st March 2021, 9:45 PM

Just as you go into the lead, funny that, The I'm alright Jack culture that has brought this country to the brink.

I detect a note at of envy, Stephen. It's actually coincidence, believe what you want, but I decided it last week when I was in a dip and 24pts behind you, that this weekend entering the last quarter and with a two week gap for the table to be adjusted, was a good time for it.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 21st March 2021, 9:45 PM

If Gerry wasn't so far ahead I'd consider defecting back to the proper original league or one of them anyway

Why do you begrudge Godot his 50pts when he invited you over to a league you could win?

You let me write 500 words about this on page 60 of this thread and called me a drama queen and now you pull this bullshit out of your arse?

Nice try at indignant outrage but you are wrong (except about being a drama queen, which you've again proved), it's your writing the 500 words that made me think you had a case, but was rebuffed by about 3 other players here in my attempts to do anything about it. But now that two of them have dropped out of the running for the title (I think that's fair to say) and with Steve S sitting pretty at the top as he was when I decided it and as I said

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 21st March 2021, 4:53 PM

Whatever the circumstances of his late arrival actually were, one other, currently in 2nd arrived here much later and with a ready made total from GW1. Two others, currently 3rd and 4th were let off penalties for lack of posting as per the league community convention, so protestations made earlier from the 2nd placed player are to be disregarded for the reason mentioned above.

Now that you think you're far enough ahead of me that I can't catch you suddenly want to 'right a wrong'?

Way off on both counts, I decided when Mr Sunshine decided he wanted to win again and stormed ahead of me by 24pts and Anton at my neck that my usual fate was sealed:

Title's still there for anyone in the top 6 or 7 but you'll need Anton and Steve to put a foot wrong somewhere, I have no form for the big finish. Morning.

I had no idea I'd get the points I got later, I'm not a psychic squid.

And with 9 gameweeks still to play that 50 puts you right in the mix and you can easily catch me. I had one good week I didn't anticipate, that's put me ahead, as did Steve when he got 50 pts more than me in one GW and zoomed ahead, and just two GWs ago you got 42pts more than me. You are completely downplaying the unpredictable nature of this season and the vast ground that can be made up in a single gameweek.