Taskmaster - Series 11

Three people I'd never heard of, one vaguely and Lee Mack who I'm not a great fan of, so bad start for me.

Having said that, I don't think I would have felt any different if I'd been a fan of all five of them, as, sadly, I found the whole thing lacking.

Thinking back over some of the previous hilarious series - this doesn't have the spark; but always give things second and maybe a third chance, as it may improve.

I actually think it's a better mix than Series 10. Wozniak won the inaugural edition at the Edinburgh Fringe so I'm expecting big things. Sarah Kendall is my favourite so far, I was already a huge fan of her stand up and series Frayed.

Yes, Wozniak looks as though he's going to be great fun in a quirky way, and anything is better than Series 10, although I thought Daisy May was very funny, in part.

I miss the type of tasks they had in the first couple of series, where there was an element of subversion and lateral thinking possible.

"Do a silly thing" is entertaining, but not nearly as satisfying or clever.

Quote: Aaron @ 20th March 2021, 9:51 AM

I miss the type of tasks they had in the first couple of series, where there was an element of subversion and lateral thinking possible.

"Do a silly thing" is entertaining, but not nearly as satisfying or clever.

I agree. That said, there is always such a mix if you don't like one task the next one usually serves up something different. I'm looking forward to the 'make this house haunted one' Charlotte Ritchie mentioned in an interview.

Lee Mack's blind sandwich making made me laugh out loud, when he kept knocking off items on the little table (stool) while trying to find the next ingredient.

I enjoyed it and glad to have it back on TV again on Thursday nights. Was this series filmed alongside Series 10 then?

Pass

Quote: G180e @ 20th March 2021, 12:15 PM

I enjoyed it and glad to have it back on TV again on Thursday nights. Was this series filmed alongside Series 10 then?

I imagine it's the sort of show where you can film a lot of footage relatively quickly, given most of the tasks rely on one person in the house, you could probably do a whole series worth of tasks per contestant in two or three days, so they are probably filming as much as they can while restrictions allow.

Quote: G180e @ 20th March 2021, 12:15 PM

No, although the studio segments were recorded very shortly afterwards.

Much better episode tonight, great variety of tasks. Wozniak continues to impress, I lost it when he said Plum. I like Jamali's refusal to accept Greg's tyranny.

Ummm.............not that impressed overall. Seems to have lost its spark.

I liked the hot coals task, Sarah Kendall remains my favourite contestant, she's so lugubrious but comes up with some really original solutions.

Really enjoyed last night's, I liked the variety in the toilet roll task and the banana in the bottle was classic.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 9th April 2021, 7:47 AM

Really enjoyed last night's, I liked the variety in the toilet roll task and the banana in the bottle was classic.

Yep, some proper old-school tasks this week. Very good.