In My Skin

Anybody else watching this? From writer and improviser Kayleigh Llewellyn about a girl trying to keep on top of juggling her school life and home life whilst caring for her mother who has bipolar. It's a lot funnier than that description makes it seem, with two absolutely barnstorming central performances. It's all on iPlayer but I'm doing one a day to make it last.

Loved the pilot and also what I've seen of the series. It has the feel of one of those nostalgic coming of age type things, which can come at the expense of good character development in favour of just basing the characters on people they knew.

This isn't the case here though, it's sharp, quite funny and has very good dialogue.

Where?

Quote: Chappers @ 30th March 2020, 10:32 PM

Where?

It's all on iPlayer or being broadcast weekly on BBC1 22:45 Wednesday

On episode 3 now and loving every minute. Definitely going to look out for anything else Kayleigh Llewellyn writes, she has such a good handle on how to write quite difficult drama with an undercurrent of humour which feels very true to life.

No idea if anybody else is watching this but I just finished the last episode and it is absolutely superb. Really hoping for a second series!

:D

Not sure how many other people watched this, but it's coming back for a second series which is wonderful.

Just started watching 1st Series, on your recommendation.
Bloody good, isn't it?

Quote: Lazzard @ 17th March 2021, 5:56 PM

Just started watching 1st Series, on your recommendation.
Bloody good, isn't it?

It really is! Most writers would kill to be able to blend comedy and pathos with as much depth as Kayleigh Llewellyn manages to in this, and as far as I know it's her first commissioned show. Will keep an eager eye out for her future work.