Runaway Railway (1966)

This week's offering in the Saturday Morning Pictures on TPTV (thoroughly enjoying the Popeye cartoons!!) and another from the CFF.

Kids trying to save a local railway line and the chuff- chuff that runs on it, are "helped" by two men who have ulterior motives by getting the engine to work so they can use it to run on the nearby main line and steal the mail van when the train stops at a signal - my only comment about that, was it looked more like an adapted goods wagon than a proper Royal Mail carriage. The two crooks in question being an odd mix of Sydney Tafler and Ronnie Barker.

Along the way we also see Jon Pertwee, Graham Stark and Hugh Lloyd, with three kids who never made it big time, except for one - John Moulder-Brown, who is still in films to this day.

Quite amusing in parts, but of course, strictly for the kids.

I went to the premier of this - aged 6!

Autograph book?

Of course.
Lost now - sadly.

Quote: Lazzard @ 14th March 2021, 10:26 AM

I went to the premier of this - aged 6!

Excellent. Didn't go to the premier but my first trip to the cinema was to see Zulu for my fourth birthday (a few years after its release I have to add). I think it shaped my character ever after. :D Still one of my favourites and the next film I went to was The Italian Job. Been a Michael Caine fanatic ever since.

Wouldn't this have been a support film as it's only just over an hour I think.

Support what on Saturday Morning Pictures? Zombie Flesh Eaters?

It's still a film, support, B feature or whatever - it was made for children.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th March 2021, 3:39 PM

Support what on Saturday Morning Pictures? Zombie Flesh Eaters?

It's still a film, support, B feature or whatever - it was made for children.

I just meant did it have its own premier or as part of a package?

Well, only Lazzard can tell you that.