The all in one consolidated RIP thread Page 61

Quote: alison blunderland @ 10th March 2021, 12:10 PM

His other son, Drew Peacock, is a martyr to erectile dysfunction.

RIP Trevor.

I wondered how long it would be!

He famously appeared in Doc Martin.

Lou Ottens dies aged 94

Inventor of the cassette tape.
Looked down upon by the reel to reel hifi buffs but cheap,portable and versatile.I still play some of mine.

Quote: john tregorran @ 11th March 2021, 5:21 AM

Lou Ottens dies aged 94

Inventor of the cassette tape.
Looked down upon by the reel to reel hifi buffs but cheap,portable and versatile.I still play some of mine.

RIP
And apparently making a come back - not him, the system :D

And thereby hangs a tail. Philips, dominated the market with that, YET they missed out big time when it came to a video cassette. They tried to get into the market with that big lump that went with the N1500 VCR, but the Japanese company Victor stole the market from them when they introduced the Video Home System cassette, and we all never looked back.

THEN, in the late 70s Philips tried to come back with the VCC 2000 system, which, like their audio cassette could be turned over and recorded on both sides; but it was too late as the VHS was too well established,

WHY Philips didn't introduce this superior system and dump the awful N1500 cassette is a mystery, as they would again have dominated the video market as they did the audio. Someone f**ked up big time at Philips

Interesting.

I remember buying (from memory here) BASF chromium oxide cassette tapes because my music system had a special button for those tapes.
They were supposed to reduce hiss.
When you pressed to button expecting high fidelity hiss free music, you got - no difference.

Yeah, well I'm not surprised using them in a Woolworths "high-figh system". (they are tight oop North)

Murray Walker, age 98. "The lead car is unique, except for the one behind it which is identical..."

Oh, the voice of F1
Good innings though. Rip

I think all the BBC "voice of" sports commentators have died now, sadly.

Rest In Peace Mr. Walker

Marvin Hagler, who I mention especially as I always thought what a wonderful name - just struck a chord with me.

Rest In Peace, sir.

From recent posts, there seem to be a few that do not like boxing.
Marvellous Marvin Hagler was the supreme pugilist.

RIP Mr Hagler (66)

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 16th March 2021, 8:31 AM

From recent posts, there seem to be a few that do not like boxing.

The doctor who delivered me was the ring doctor at all the big fights in Las Vegas from 1965 until his retirement in 1990. My father would always point him out when we'd watch fights in the seventies and eighties.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/longtime-ringside-doctor-romeo-dies-at-85/

Quote: DaButt @ 16th March 2021, 8:56 AM

The doctor who delivered me was the ring doctor at all the big fights in Las Vegas from 1965 until his retirement in 1990. My father would always point him out when we'd watch fights in the seventies and eighties.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/longtime-ringside-doctor-romeo-dies-at-85/

Always useful to have a Ring Doctor.

Yes RIP Marvelous Marvin Hagler
Just about to watch The Hagler Hearns fight again for the first time in years

Don't forget to wear your Slazenger jumper for the full effect.