Status report Page 6,091

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 26th February 2021, 10:48 PM

Laughing out loud

. I'm always careful about what I post about my job.

Thought you were a wringer-outer for a one armed window cleaner.

Vaxxed.

Good.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 27th February 2021, 9:02 AM

Thought you were a wringer-outer for a one armed window cleaner.

In the words of Billie Whitelaw.

Ready to board a plane in Orlando. My boss wants me to get a Covid test before I work at 5:30 AM tomorrow. What a waste of time and money. It's not corporate policy, so I'm tempted to ignore him.

And there's me wondering how it spreads so quickly....I'll probably never know.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 1st March 2021, 4:02 PM

And there's me wondering how it spreads so quickly....I'll probably never know.

Laughing out loud

Quote: DaButt @ 1st March 2021, 2:53 PM

Ready to board a plane in Orlando. My boss wants me to get a Covid test before I work at 5:30 AM tomorrow. What a waste of time and money. It's not corporate policy, so I'm tempted to ignore him.

Shot yourself in the foot there.

Time? 20 minutes?

I'm no more likely to catch it on a plane than I am going to the grocery store - or going to work in an office with 7 people packed in like sardines. It's all just theater at this point.

It took me 30 minutes to drive to the urgent care facility. I'll guarantee that there's more of a chance of coming into contact with Covid at a testing site than on a fairly deserted aircraft. It'll take at least an hour for them to see me, then a full check of height, weight, blood pressure, a swab, 15 minutes to wait for the results, and another 30 minutes to drive home: almost 3 hours wasted. I still have to buy groceries, cook food for tomorrow, do laundry, then get up at 3:45 AM to make the 40-minute drive to work.

Yes, a complete waste of time and money.

Quote: DaButt @ 1st March 2021, 9:10 PM

I'm no more likely to catch it on a plane than I am going to the grocery store - or going to work in an office with 7 people packed in like sardines. It's all just theater at this point.

It took me 30 minutes to drive to the urgent care facility. I'll guarantee that there's more of a chance of coming into contact with Covid at a testing site than on a fairly deserted aircraft. It'll take at least an hour for them to see me, then a full check of height, weight, blood pressure, a swab, 15 minutes to wait for the results, and another 30 minutes to drive home: almost 3 hours wasted. I still have to buy groceries, cook food for tomorrow, do laundry, then get up at 3:45 AM to make the 40-minute drive to work.

Yes, a complete waste of time and money.

Yes - I guess that sums you up along with Trump and the guns!

Arrogant and selfish.

Quote: Chappers @ 1st March 2021, 9:21 PM

Yes - I guess that sums you up along with Trump and the guns!

Arrogant and selfish.

Watch it Dave, or you'll have chipolata to answer to.

I saw on the features next to the forums "Cor! The return of the comedy magazine."

I expected that to be about the 1970s weekly children's comic but I see it's about a magazine I've never heard of before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cor!!

Me too.

One the comic front I was a Warlord and Commando mini book fan myself and to this day I still want to be General Jumbo with that mini army.

Just filled in the 2021 Census (online) and a thought occurred to me - it may well be my last, as I cannot see me living until the next one. :(

While we're on that subject - I do think the 100 year rule before the release of a Census to view online is far too long. Surely a 50 year gap would be plenty!
I did our family trees about 9 years ago using the service and it was VERY frustrating to not having anything available after the 1911 Census.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 3rd March 2021, 2:42 PM

Just filled in the 2021 Census (online) and a thought occurred to me - it may well be my last, as I cannot see me living until the next one. :(

Hang in there!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 3rd March 2021, 2:42 PM

While we're on that subject - I do think the 100 year rule before the release of a Census to view online is far too long. Surely a 50 year gap would be plenty!
I did our family trees about 9 years ago using the service and it was VERY frustrating to not having anything available after the 1911 Census.

It's 72 years in the States. I can only assume they chose that number because it was the average life expectancy - at least back when the decision was made? We can currently view the 1940 census, so I can see my father as a 4-year-old. Next year we'll have access to the 1950 census, so I'll be able to see my 8-year-old mother. It's always fascinating to see addresses, occupations, etc.